Saturday, August 13, 2011

a visit from grandma and uncle landon


Whenever my Mom comes to visit, its a jam-packed schedule of non-stop fun!

This time Landon joined her on the trip, since he was the only one in my family who still hadn't been to Chicago...

Grandma Hunt never shows up empty-handed...she always comes bearing gifts.
This time it was an assortment of Cars 2 toys.
Madden quickly became obsessed and had to take them with us everywhere for the rest.of.the.week.

See...I told you he had to take his cars everywhere ;)

...and there's another one of his cars, swimming at his feet in the middle of Crowne Fountain.



In 9 days, we managed to squeeze in:

North Ave. Beach
Kayaking
Skydeck
Navy Pier
The Bean
Crowne Fountain
The Signature Room Lounge
Cubs vs. Reds game at Wrigley Field
Early Christmas shopping for Madden
Downtown Naperville
Delicious Chicago food and treats every.single.day
AND
3 days and 2 nights at the Chula Vista Resort at the Wisconsin Dells with Summer and her 3 kids
(which is going to have to be an entirely separate post)

No wonder Madden cried when we dropped my Mom and Landon off at the airport and then asked for them over and over and over again like a freaking broken record on the drive home.

Good thing they are coming back for a Chicago Christmas with us! :)

Thanks Mom and Landon for a fun-filled 9 days!
We love you guys!

6 comments:

ensman said...

You guys are always doing such fun stuff!! I LOVE Madden's baseball hat and mit!! He is the cutest!! Jase is still obsessed with cars and takes them everywhere too!! I think it might be a boy thing to always have at least 2 toys in each hand everywhere you go! You look great B!! I miss you and can't wait till you move your cute butt back here!!

Mandy said...

Okay...whoa. Could your family be any more beautiful? You are all like models!!!

Cara said...

HOLY COW!! What fun!! When you have visitors you guys sure do find fun stuff to do. I need to take notes from you and you can teach me how its done. Well then again we don't really have any vistors. lol It sure looks like you guys had a great time while your mom and brother were there!

Alysha said...

FUN! I love it!

The Youngs said...

I love Madden's face on the skydeck! That's how I would look!

CMC said...

You're like the best host/tour guide ever. That sky deck still looks terrifying. I think more so in these latest pics. Haha.