Our Easter weekend this year was filled with highs and lows
High was getting to have my mom come out to spend Easter week with us.
She had planned to come out and help me with Madden while I was on doctor ordered bed rest following our scheduled IVF treatment.
It was just a bonus that the dates fell around Easter so she would get to spend the holiday with us.
Low was when things took a turn for the worse and our IVF transfer had to be cancelled and rescheduled a few months out.
Although I didn't end up having to do the bed rest while my Mom was out here, it was still perfect timing for her to be here.
My condition ended up being pretty uncomfortable and painful and I don't know what I would have done without her.
While Randy was at work, she entertained Madden constantly, made us delicious meals, did all the grocery shopping, made all my pharmacy runs and drove me to and from all my Drs appointments.
She cleaned the house, did the laundry, washed the dishes, decorated Easter eggs with Madden and made an AMAZING Easter dinner.
She bought me my favorite gossip magazines, poured me cold sodas in a cup with ice (just the way I like it), took me to lunch when I was finally feeling up to it and stayed up watching movies with me every night.
Just her being here helped to take my mind off of things and feel less stressed and worried and sad.
Basically, to sum up, my Mom is the best.
And despite the lows, the highs are what I'll remember most about this Easter.
"AND SOMETIMES GOOD THINGS FALL APART SO BETTER THINGS CAN FALL TOGETHER..."
6 comments:
So nice that your Mom could be there with you. And totally a bonus for Madden I'm sure, to get spoiled by his Gma! Good luck with everything ahead! XO
It was a pretty special Easter for me too. So glad I was there :). Landon is no fun on an Easter Egg hunt any more.
So sorry you couldn't do the transfer right away. My dr tells me frozen transfer has high success rate. Love your quote st the end!! Sounds like your mom is even more amazing and took great care of you!
Glad you had your mom there :) sorry that you had to wait a little longer! Hope your feeling better - thinking about you!!!!
Thanks for the post! I've been thinking about you. I love that quote at the end, and yes, your mom is the best! I'm praying it all goes perfect. SO sorry you have to wait.
I'm so sorry your procedure got cancelled and that you were down for a little while. Moms are the best - especially yours!!
Post a Comment