Thursday, September 5, 2013

yolo in tahoe

Every year all the guys in my family go on a labor day weekend golf trip in Tahoe, but this year it was Summer and Paul's brilliant idea to make it a couples trip and leave all the kids at home.

Guys golfed all day every day.
Girls spa-ed and shopped and visited and relaxed.
And then we'd all meet up for dinner every night.

Even though I loooooove Madden and all my adorable nieces and nephews, I've gotta say, it was such a nice change to do a kid-free trip, especially with all my siblings and their spouses.  Usually when I get together with my sisters, all our kids are running crazy in circles around us and we're just constantly trying to keep them entertained.  So this was unlike any trip we'd ever taken and it was nice.  I'm not sure when or if it will ever happen again, but I'm glad it did before we all start having more babies ;)

So thanks guys, for letting the wives crash your annual guys golf trip.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Brimhall for watching Madden for us.
And thanks Dad, for hosting us all at your golf club.










#YOLO

1 comment:

Faye said...

You took the words right out of my mouth - good way to sum up a very unique weekend. Hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since I had all my kids and their spouses all together with us. Great weekend!!