Madden's preschool goes by the Chandler year-round schedule, so he had a full 2 weeks off for fall break.
I did my best to keep him as entertained as possible and fill our days with fun fall activities...without breaking the bank!
Here's a little bit (ok, a LOT bit) of what we did...
Free kids day at Vertuccio Farms, where I got bit by a fire ant and my foot swelled and itched for 4 days afterwards...
Desert Breeze Park & Splash Pad, where I wondered when the hell it would cool down because fall break should be spent drinking apple cider and bundling up in scarves instead of running around in splash pads and stopping for cold slurpees on the way home...
Baking Halloween Sugar Cookies at home, where we both got stomach aches from licking our frosting bowls clean while watching Hocus Pocus...
Kids day at Home Depot, where Madden and his dad built a fire rescue plane out of wood and then when we got home he wrote his name on it ALL BY HIMSELF WITHOUT ANY HELP FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!
Conference weekend at home, where I spent more time baking in the kitchen than relaxing on the couch so I watched the majority of it on my iphone propped up on the kitchen counter...
Picnics & Playdates at the park, where I realized how lucky I am that ALL my friends have BOYS and its a good thing we are having another boy because it seems to be all my friends produce...
Peter Piper Pizza, where Madden hardly touched his pizza cuz he just wanted to play games, so I ate enough pizza for the two of us...
MacDonald Ranch, where Madden went on his very first horse ride and the kids panned for gold and pet stinky animals at the petting zoo...
Family Movie in the Park, where we ate pizza and popcorn and watched Hotel Transylvania and it was ACTUALLY cold enough outside to wear a sweater and cuddle up under a blanket...(!!!!!)
Halloween costume shopping at Target, where I had to hide the Pokemon Picachu costumes from Madden so that he would settle on his 2nd choice of a ninja turtle costume....(i hate pokemon)
The End.
I'm exhausted.
2 comments:
You are an amazing momma.
Fun! Glad we got to hang out! We'll have to do it again soon!
Post a Comment