Sunday, February 16, 2014

Beckett Graham



Tomorrow my baby turns 3 weeks old...and I'm just barely getting around to blogging about it.
But I guess thats what happens when you have a baby, right?
Life gets crazy.
But I just had to go back 3 weeks in time and document the details of the day our sweet little baby boy Beckett was born...



Scheduled c-sections are kinda awesome.
We got to pick Beckett's birthday, essentially.
So bright and early, (5 am to be exact) Monday morning January 27th, we just strolled on into the maternity wing and said "Hi!  We're here to have a baby!"

2 hours of checking in, being hooked up to monitors, prepping for surgery, signing paperwork, etc etc and we were wheeled off to the operating room.
This time around, the c-section felt a little differently than the last. 
Both emotionally and physically.
Emotionally, it wasn't nearly as scary or hectic, because it was planned and not an emergency c-section like it was with Madden.  It felt so much more calm and less rushed.
And physically, I felt a little bit more this time around.
When I had Madden, I had already had an epidural during labor so then when they gave me MORE anesthesia before the c-section, I literally couldn't feel one single thing during the whole surgery.
This time around, I did feel the tugging and pulling and intense pressure that people describe feeling during a c-section.  It wasn't painful though...just weird.
They started the c-section at exactly 7:15 am and only 3 minutes later, at 7:18 am, there he was.
Beckett Graham Brimhall
born Monday, January 27th
Weighing 8 lb 8 oz
Measuring 21 inches long
With a full head of dark hair just like his brother :)
Randy and I could NOT get over how much he looked like Madden!





When we first checked into the hospital, the nurses told us because of flu season, children under 13 couldn't come visit.
And I almost burst into tears right then and there on the hospital bed!
We'd been hyping this up to Madden for basically the past 9 months.  How mom and dad would be at the hospital having the baby when he woke up and how Grandma Hunt would take him to the hospital to meet his new baby brother.  So after a little more pushing and asking around, we found out that SIBLINGS who were HEALTHY could come visit.  Phew.

I'll never forget Madden's reaction to his new baby brother...him and my mom came and visited everyday we were in the hospital and Madden was in love!




When I had Madden, we stayed in the hospital the full 4 days recommended after a c-section.  But this time around, I just really wanted to get home to Madden and start our life as a family of 4.  So after only a little over 48 hours, we got the all-clear to head home...
I dressed Beckett in his cute take-home outfit, and Randy buckled him up in his carseat and we were on our way...




When we got home, Madden was anxiously awaiting his little brother's arrival...


And so life began with 2 boys...



1 comment:

Nicki Dunn said...

He is so precious & perfect. I love how your boys have such great hair as babies! So fun. Hope you're getting some rest. I can't imagine a newborn + another kid!