Friday, January 29, 2016

Happy Birthday, Beckett!


I remember when Madden turned 2.
We didn't throw a traditional birthday party, we just spent the day together as a family, doing everything he loved.
And thats what I wanted to do for Beckett's 2nd birthday.
So Randy took the day off of work and Madden played hooky from school and our entire day revolved around the birthday boy...

We woke Beckett up to balloons and birthday banners and birthday presents in the playroom...




Then after opening a few presents, we went and got donuts for breakfast and drove out to the Children's Museum of Phoenix to spend the day there...














Beckett LOVED it and it was so fun to see him having so much fun!
After hours of playtime at the museum, it was a beautiful day out so we walked across the street to grab lunch at Pizzeria Bianco.
The pizza was to die for and I think Beckett agreed because he licked his plate clean.
Literally.
Then he passed out on the drive home, just as I suspected he would ;)




Once we got home, Beckett napped while Madden and I baked his birthday cake.
The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with Beckett's new toys, going for a walk, and popping popcorn and watching one of his favorite movies, The Lion King...


That night Aunt Kelcie came over to celebrate with us.
We blew up some glow-in-the-dark balloons and sang "happy birthday" to Beckett as he blew out the candles on the same chocolate cake I made for Madden when he turned 2.



Sometimes planning birthday parties for my kids is fun, but I think these kind of birthday celebrations are my favorite.
No work or stress or planning.
Just a special day spent with those I love most...

Happy Birthday, Beckett!
I hope your day was special!
We love you!
xoxo


"I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today."
-Taylor Swift

No comments: