Right after school got out, Madden got to go spend a whole week up in Snowflake with his cousins at his Grandma and Grandpa Brimhalls...
Beck is still a little too young to get in on that action, but he had the time of his life being an only child for the week!
The first week that Madden got out of school, Beckett was a holy terror and I thought I was going to lose my mind!
And then as soon as Madden was gone and Beck had me and Randy all to himself, he was an angel baby.
After Madden left us to go party with his cousins up in Snowflake, Beck and I enjoyed a lazy weekend in bed together, snuggling and watching cartoons while I recovered from IVF egg retrieval.
For the rest of week, all we did was whatever Beckett wanted to do.
We ate pickles and muffins for breakfast, we played in the water in the backyard, we went to the splash pad and the puppy store, we watched Zootopia, we played with his train table, we went to the library and built towers with the blocks, and we played more games of hide and seek than I can count!
I wish I could say that Beckett missed Madden, but he didn't even ask for him once.
And anytime Madden's name came up, Beckett would just say all nonchalantly, "he's at school".
I missed Madden a lot but I also really enjoyed having an only child for a whole week.
And I'm just really hoping that this happy, sweet, cuddly, lovey, non-tantrum throwing little boy sticks around once Madden comes home...
No comments:
Post a Comment