
My adorable niece Ashlyn made my week :)
So let me preface, by saying that it has been one rough week. Summertime is over and I am back at school with a brand new group of kindergartners...and a very LARGE group of kindergarteners. 32 to be exact...and might I add that the legal limit in Arizona in a classroom without an aide is 27. WHAT THE!?? There aren't even enough tables and chairs in my classroom for all of my students. Luckily I have been able to call in a friend of mine as a sub to co-teach with me everyday until the district hires another teacher and splits my class. So needless to say, it has been one long, exhausting, frustrating, stressful week. Everyday I come home late after working a 12 hour day, I seriously question my choice of profession. And then I just have to tie on my running shoes and head to the gym right after work, as I am finishing up the last of my training before my marathon this weekend.
So....
I came home from a very long day at work the other day, and I was not in the greatest mood. Tired. Stressed. Mad. Wanting to quit my job. I come in and barely say hi to Ricky and Kari and Teigen and Ashlyn (who have been staying with us this summer before moving to Texas for school next month). I go straight to my room and change for the gym. As I pass through the living room to gather my things and leave, Ashlyn smiles and looks up at me and says "TIPPY!" I said "Tippy's going bye-bye" and she responded with a very dissapointed "NO!!!" Then I rush over to the door and as I grab my keys I hear her say over my shoulder, "Tippy??" And I look at her and she says "Kiss!" and runs over to me puckering up her lips to kiss me goodbye :) It seriously could have made me cry, it was so sweet! :) It made my day!
I have really loved having my brother and sister-in-law and their kids live with us these past couple of months. It has been so much fun! Although I get less sleep...and not because the kids keep us up but because we stay up late all the time eating pizza and drinking energy drinks and watching movies :) I love being able to see my niece and hephew everyday and hearing both Teigen and Ashlyn's cute little voices say "Hi Aunt Tippy!" everytime I come home and "See ya water, Aunt Tippy" everytime I leave. :) I am so glad we have been able to spend so much time with them and hang out with them everyday...because I know I am going to miss them a lot when they move to Texas :(
Thank you, Ashlyn, for making my week! XOXO
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Love my niece...
Posted by
Tiffany
at
7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my gosh that is so adorable. And she is so darn cute! How nice to have her to brighten up those tuff days. :)
And what the heck why didn't we ever get together while you were on break from school? We need to do it soon.
Ah, your race is THIS weekend?? I am so jealous and excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. How are your shin's? GOOD LUCK YOU ROCK STAR!
You are going to have a awesome race! I am so proud of you for staying with it even though it has been HARD! Good thing you are addicted or it would have been worse:)
Good luck this weekend! Sorry to hear you had such a rough week at work. Hopefully they hire another teacher quick! Let me know how the race goes......
Tippy, Having 32 kids in a kindergarten class here is kinda the norm....sad to say:( I was the kindergarten aide for several years and I know how hard it is to have that many kids in a class especially at the first of the year when they are learning the rules and they are at so many different levels....hang in there! At least they are going to split your class:)
Hope the marathon went okay...I am anxious to hear about it! Love you!
I have been crying all day long and I click on your blog and read that....and now I am not going to be able to stop crying for the rest of the night. I know that we have to leave soon and although its exciting it is also sad and scarey. Trent and Kaylyn came over today and Teigen and Ashlyn had to say goodbye to them because they wont see them again before we move and it just made me so sad that they wont be able to see there Aunts and Uncles like they usually do. We are so greatful to you and Randy for welcoming us in your home. I am so glad that we were able to spend time with you guys. Thanks for letting us take up 3 of your 4 bedrooms and for letting the kids run around your house and be crazy and for all the Energy drinks. I know that right when we get to Texas Teigen will say "I'm ready to go back to Rand Tippys house. Teigen and Ashlyn love there Uncle Ranee and Aunt Tippy. I am so glad that Randy found you I could not ask for a better sis in law. Congrats on your Marathon!! You did it!! We will miss you guys....so you should come to school in Texas:) Love Ya Guys!!Sorry...that was the longest comment ever.
First of all, she is SO cute! Second, I'm with you on the, what the #$%& in regards to you class- yikes!!! What is the deal! I sure hope you get to pick which little buggars you want to keep when they split classes! haha!!!
Post a Comment