
No, my shin splints haven't gone away.
Yes, it has been almost 6 weeks since I got them.
Yes, I am STILL running in the marathon in 3 1/2 weeks
Yes, I am terrified.
I don't care what anyone says, I am determined to run this thing! Even if I am in a lot of pain afterwards, (and even if my finishing time is nowhere near what I would like for it to be) I promise I will still have a smile on my face when I cross that finish line because I will just be so happy that I did it! And when I am in unbelievable pain and cannot walk for days afterwards...well, I probably won't be smiling then...but it will still be worth it! :)
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
In case you were wondering...
Posted by
Tiffany
at
1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yipee!! I'd do the same thing too. I cannot wait to hear all about it!
Good for you. I can't wait to hear how it goes and see all of your pictures
You're crazy Tiff : ) Good luck!
I admire your determination. I hope it's all worth it. Good luck!
Good Luck!!! Can't wait to hear how it went!
I'll pray for your shins! :)
first--marathon running scares me. second--marathon running with shin splints sounds absolutely terrifying. third--I have not actually seen you since girls camp years ago. My dad served in the stake presidency with your dad up until last summer. I saw your comments on my cousins' blog (Jessica Jackson), and thought I'd say hi. It's such small world.
Good luck running!!
Yah! You are tuff! That will be such a neat experience. I can't wait to hear all about it!:)
Good luck Tiff! You will have such a sense of accomplishment from just being in the marathon--- remember not to push it!!!! Listen to your body and do what's right for you in the long run! You'll be great...
Looks like you had WAY too much fun with your mom!!! And Im so proud of you for still doin the marathon... you crazy lady!!! You're awesome! We still need to go out to sushi!!!ONe of these days when were both in town the same weekend...
You are so determined and I love it! I wish I had half your ambition when it comes to running. :) Let me know when your next one is here and I will come support you.
Post a Comment