Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chicago Air and Water Show

Saturday we went into the city for Chicago's Annual Air and Water show. It was a beautiful day and lots of fun. Madden experienced his very first train ride and his very first water taxi experienece. The show was awesome...but the crowds were insane! We will have to get there earlier next year so we can save a good spot on the beach.








My fave part of the day?? The water taxi from the train station to navy pier with gorgeous views of the city...definitely better than walking or taking the bus to the waterfront!











Chicago is such a unique city. I love it and can't wait to explore it more!

11 comments:

mandy* said...

Chicago looks so beautiful!! That is one of my top five places to visit. I'll get there one day...

Cara said...

It sure sounds like you guys are getting out and seeing lots of fun stuff there. Chicago does look like lots of fun just from all of your pics and posts. : ) Cute shirt in these pics by the way. Where did you get it?

ensman said...

what a fun place to live!! You guys get to do so many fun things!! We are just going to target today :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

That looks so fun! And you look like you've already lost all your baby weight... you suck! :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Great pics! We wish we could of come down to the city. We have to meet up soon before I have this baby!

Nancy said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Faye said...

I'm glad you're getting to know your way around this cool city - so you can be excellent tour guides for us next month.

Alyssa said...

I miss Chicago! I love it there!

Briana said...

How fun. I have always wanted to go to Chicago. I cant believe how big Madden is getting.

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

that looks like so much fun! Not to mention you look like such a little skinny mini!!

D-dawg said...

Madden is so darling and I love his name. My sister lived in Chicago for a few years and I went to visit twice. It is a cool city. I'm glad you're liking it there! Thanks for cheering me on with the running. I remember seeing photos of your race awhile back. It really is fun! I'm surprised that I liked it!