Monday, December 7, 2009

first snow





December 7, 2009

This morning we finally woke up to our first snow!

I decided to adopt a new family tradition of giving a small snow-related gift to Madden every year on the "first snow" day. (Though I can't take the credit for that cute idea...I stole it off of my friend's blog. Thanks for the cute idea, Nancy!!) So Madden got to put on his "new"grey warm winter coat this morning. :)

I must confess, a while back I was sort of dreading the snow. I am, after all, a California/Arizona girl. But now that it is finally here, I am in love with it! It is so pretty and exciting and makes it feel that much more like Christmas time!

The only downside? No more running outside...which puts a damper on my marathon training.

Looks like the indoor track and treadmill at the Y is going to be seeing a lot more of me these next couple weeks
...

Happy First Snow Day! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his little coat and beanie...so cute! I can't believe it snowed here before it snowed up there! Crazy. I guess the difference is that it will probably stay up there, whereas ours has pretty much melted.

Summer said...

You're going to love it Tiff - until January : ) Madden looks cute in his "new" coat...do I recognize that?

Faye said...

You both look so cute! glad you are having fun with the snow - it hopefully will compensate for the cold.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

K Madden is adorable in these, and you look so pretty! I am jealous. Kind of. I don't like being cold.

The Youngs said...

I love the pic of the two of you! Adorable!

Michele said...

super cute, but the love affair with the snow won't last. i love it in the beginning too though. cute purple beanie, and madden looks just like you in that last pic of you together.

ensman said...

WHat a fun tradition but when you move back to AZ you will have to change it! Cuz you are moving back:)

Nancy said...

So SO cute! Where do you shop for Madden's clothes? Honestly- I've never really thought much about a little boy wardrobe before I've noticed his... girls have so much variety, and all boy stuff seems to look the same. Somehow you've managed to avoid a wardrobe full of jumpers! Do tell!

Amber Larsen said...

How fun Tiff!! All of the pictures I've seen on the blog make me want to move there, it looks so gorgeous. Madden looks a lot like you I think, you guys are so cute!

John said...

Tiff-
That picture of you and Madden together is priceless.....I love the clueless look on his face.

Cara said...

OH my gosh i can't wait to see this little guy in person again. He is so cute and getting so big! LOve all the pics of him and you in the snow. And that is a totally cute tradition to start, but i agree with Jodee you will be moving back here so try to think of a different tradition. :)

Briana said...

What cute pictures!!! I love what you have done to your blog. I really need to stop and figure it out so I can have mine look half as cute :) I am so excited for you guys. You seem so happy!!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Tiff you take the best pics. It runs in the family I guess... Madden is adorable!! The one with him looking down at the ornament on the floor is great! Have a Merry Christmas!!! :) Love Marianne :)