Wednesday, December 2, 2009

moments


Randy and I were just realizing last night that this past Sunday, the 29th of November, was the 3 year anniversary of our first date and the night we met. So crazy to think of how much our lives have changed in these past 3 years.

Life could not be more perfect.

I recently made a somewhat embarassing confession to Randy about a "moment" I had: I was out running with Madden and the Leona Lewis song "Happy" was playing on my Ipod. As I listened to the words and looked around our beautiful neighborhood and the fall leaves fluttering around me, I felt in that moment that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. I looked down at Madden in his stroller and he smiled the sweetest smile up at me.

It made me cry.

I know, wierd. :)

But I just sort of had a "moment" where it hit me really hard that I am exactly where I should be and everything in my life is just as it should be.

(If you think I am a total wierdo, like Randy did when I told him this cheesy story, then I must add the following...a few days later I was watching Live With Regis and Kelly, and Kelly Ripa shared a very similar story about a very similar "moment" she had with her kids while driving through the streets of New York. So thank you Kelly Ripa...for making me not feel so dumb. Now I know I am not the only person who has "moments" like this.)

I thought that when we moved away for school that it would be really hard, that I would miss Arizona and that I would struggle with being poor and struggle with moving from our nice house in Maricopa, to a teeny tiny apartment in chicago. But on the contrary, I actually couldn't be happier and would not change a thing about our life right now. I am really enjoying this "simple" life we are living here: tiny old apartment, sharing one car, no extra spending money for shopping or movies or fancy restaurants, no more vacations in Carmel or San Diego. We have definitely had to make some lifestyle adjustments, and instead of it being hard, it has been incredibly easy. It has helped me to really appreciate the simple things and be thankful for all that we do have...which is a lot.

I felt very strongly when we decided to make the move to Chicago that this was where our family was supposed to be. And I have felt that answer reaffirmed many times since we have been here...in little "moments" like the one above.

And I am thankful for those moments.

8 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You aren't alone, girly. I have "moments" like that all the time. And..I cry at them all the time, too.

ensman said...

I think it is something about being a mom that makes you cry WAY more than you ever did before! I cried the other night watching this cheesy episode of the Cosby show!! Now that is cheesy! I am so happy for you and glad you are loving it! Maybe it is all the endorphins you are making with all of your crazy running:)

Faye said...

I'm so glad that you are so happy with your new life in Chicago. I expected the adjustment to be a lot harder for both of you - the fact that it hasn't been is validation that you really are where you're supposed to be right now. That's a wonderful feeling - ENJOY!

Lynnette said...

I love your pics - My mom and I just signed up for picnik :)

Summer said...

I bet Heidi Klum has those moments too...

Just kidding! I totally know what you mean. I have felt the same way so many times over the years of transition and change we have experienced. I'm so happy you are where you are.

And it was probably all so you guys could be closer to the coolest members of your family, right? : )

Debbie said...

Definitely nothing to feel weird about. I have those "moments" sometimes. They are great!! Maybe it's a girl thing...who knows. I still can't believe you are in Chicago. That's only like a 4 1/2 hour drive from here did you know that?! Crazy huh? We are totally gonna come visit soon, I promise. I love it there!

Brian and Kellie said...

Hey Tiff! i was so excited to see that you found my blog! I feel like it's been forever since I have seen you or any of your family for that matter. It looks like you guys are doing so good, and your little boy is ADORABLE! and so close in age to Brooklyn (and Clara and Rylee... Steph and Matt's little girls). You're in Chicago now huh? wow thats crazy, but I'm sure you're loving it! Hope everything is going well!

robyne said...

Love those "moments", I have them sometimes too. Kinda like a "Be still and know that I am God" affirmation so you remember that He is aware of you and just giving you a little hug!
(now Randy will think that I am really weird)