Tuesday, September 28, 2010

lately...

Ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure with Janelle and Ashley.


Spent an afternoon at the Brookfield Zoo with Ashley and Zoey


Have not been able to put down this book:

If you live, or have ever lived, in Chicago, read it.
Seriously.
You will never view the city the same.


Taking care of this sick little boy.
All he wants is his Mommy, his blankie and to watch Cars over and over and over again

Which means, my past couple days have pretty much consisted of wiping lots of snot off his face, wiping lots of snot off the furniture, wiping lots of snot off my clothes, cuddling with a really snotty face, and watching Cars so many freaking times in a row that I memorize the movie now and pretty much dream in Pixar.
It's awesome.


BTW, the marathon is only a week and a half away and I am pretty sure I've come down with the same sickness Madden has.

Say a little prayer for me that I will feel 100% by the time I am freezing my a$# off at the starting line in just 12 days...

8 comments:

ensman said...

B I love the picture of you and sick little Madden. Just because I can tell he loves you so much in it:)

Good luck with the race but I know you don't really need it since you are like an old pro bad a** at this now:)

Oh and look who's talking freakin skinny B!

Michele said...

saying a little prayer for you right now sister. you will feel better, I have a good feeling. and eww, snot on my furniture drives me freakin nuts. I caught Naomi wiping her nose on the carpet the other day, Tiffany style.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ugh I hate it when they're sick! Poor little guy. Can't believe the race so in 12 days! Call be before you run!

Matt and Megan said...

The only good thing about kids being sick is they are so cuddly!! My boys are such busy bodies it is nice to just love on em!! Sorry about the snot though! Good Luck on your race!! I am doing my very first 5k end of October! I am very excited but more excited about the weight I am losing by training!!

Janelle said...

so i've actually had that book for like a year and this post made me take it to (finally) start reading on the train today.

and boo for madden being sick still. hope you and him both clear up before the race! ack! good luck!

Faye said...

Poor Madden (and you). Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Cheryl said...

I feel your pain. We have all been sick with the flu. It sucks taking care of a sick baby, and it sucks taking care of a baby when you are sick!

Briana said...

I hope you and Madden start feeling better soon. Good luck with your race. I wish I had your motivation ;)