Friday, December 3, 2010

christmas jammies and the tree

We put the christmas tree up as soon as we got back from our Thanksgiving festivities in Minnesota. Madden had so much fun helping us decorate the tree, laughing hysterically as he ran back and forth hanging the ornaments on, one at a time. Any time we leave the house now, as soon as we are back in the door, he runs straight for the tree and just stands right in front of it, staring at it in awe. And so far, he has been surprisingly good at not touching the ornaments or the presents under the tree.
(except for in these pictures, in which he is touching the ornaments because I told him to, for the pictures of course...he's probably confused as hell)



Every year I search high and low for simple christmas pj's for Madden. I'm not a huge fan of the cheesy ones with bright obnoxious prints all over them
(no offense if thats what your kids wear for christmas every year) ;)
And even though his christmas pj's this year, are really basic, I still think he looks extremely adorable in them. I especially love how tight they are on him so his pudgy little belly sticks out in front of him and his padded diaper bum sticks out behind him. He looks like a little lumberjack! When he runs around the house in these pj's it makes laugh. :)


It also makes me laugh when he tries to kiss the tree good night and almost topples over right into it. :)



LOVE this time of year!

10 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love Xmas tree posts with kids! Why do we all insist on making our poor kids touch the tree and then yelling at them when they want to play with the ornaments. My kids are confused too. :) miss you.

Michele said...

best pjs ever. can't wait to squeeze that chubby little body in 2 weeks!

Alysha said...

I love those cute little red pjs. Super cute Tiffany

Summer said...

love the pj's, so funny that he kisses the tree

and what are you and shel doing to keep your kids from touching the tree?!? Can you come and train all three of mine please!!??

Also love your ornament colors. Someday I will have pretty christmas decorations...

Cheryl said...

I love his jammies! Where did you get them? I like plain too. We got some at Costco that are cute and striped, but then they have an obnoxious monkey wearing a Santa hat. Oh, well.
I think it's so cute that madden was giggling as he was decorating the tree.

Faye said...

Can't wait for him to get here and kiss our Christmas tree goodnight. How darling!

Cara said...

So cute and handsome little Madden is! Man i miss you guys! Those pjs are really cute. Oh and I know you are talkin about my kids with those obnoxious pjs at christmas time But the only reason they have them is cause Justin's mom buys them for them and then i don't have to spend my money. lol

Tiffany said...

Cheryl, I got his pj's at Hanna Andersson.
And Cara, lol, of course I wasn't talking about your kids! I just know a lot of people buy those ones cuz its hard to find ones that are simple and understated :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Ahhh....what a sweet boy. he looks so snuggly in those jammies. You can see how happy he is!

John said...

Bring that little beer gut boy to grampa.