Wednesday, December 1, 2010

giving thanks







I am thankful for....

*thanksgiving traditions, both old and new
*Summer's to-die-for Pecan Yams
*My copycat recipe of Texas Roadhouse's cinnamon butter
*Everyone getting their own bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider and drinking straight from the bottle
*Staying up late the night before Thanksgiving with Summer to make the super complicated, super time consuming, but super-worth-it Triple Layer Chocolate Mousse (No pumpkin pie. Yuck!)
*Clothes that still fit me after gaining 3 lbs this weekend
*A coat that kept me warm in the freezing a$% cold Minnesota weather
*Aunts and Uncles that Madden loves so much...sometimes even more than his own mom and dad :)
*Madden learning how to say in the sweetest little voice "hold you?" with his arms outstretched when he wants you to hold him :)
*Shopping Black Friday deals with my sister at Target
*The Mall of America
*Celebrating Noah's birthday at Mall of America
*Taking Madden and Alex on the kiddie rides at Mall of America
*Feeling like a teenager while screaming my head off riding The Avatar ride at Mall of America (scariest/funnest ride I have ever been on!)
*Sending our husbands and kids home in one car while Summer and I stayed with the babies to shop our hearts out at Mall of America
*Nestle toll house cookies that kept our babies happy while we shopped for 6+ hours
*A sister that likes to shop as much as I do :)
*Godiva chocolates and diet pepsi for dinner at the Mall of America
*A stroller to hold all my shopping bags that I couldn't carry
*An understanding husband when I came home with way more shopping bags than he expected :)
*Enjoying myself so much that I hardly ever thought to take out my camera and take pictures
*A perfect Thanksgiving weekend!

I have so much to be thankful for this year, my thankful list could go on and on....
But on a more serious note, this year I am most thankful for....

**the health and happiness of my family members and loved ones
**my hard-working husband who dedicates so much time to his schooling and his education to better provide for our family
**my sweet little Madden, who makes me smile first thing in the morning and makes me laugh every single day
**the opportunity I have to be at home with Madden every day, to watch him grow and learn new things and enjoy the simple moments with him
**the gospel and my temple marriage and forever eternal family
**having family nearby (or at least not too far away) to celebrate the holidays with and create new traditions and memories with

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Great post Tiff - it was such a fun Thanksgiving! So glad you guys came...and now I have so much to laugh about when I remember it : )

Brian and Kellie said...

Tiff i love reading your blog! your family is so cute! I love that Madden started saying "hold me" and putting his arms out. Brooklyn has started saying "hold her" and putting her arms out when she wants to hold our new baby. it is so sweet!

Faye said...

I've been waiting for this post :) Love the pictures - love all the adventures, love that you had chocolate and diet pepsi for dinner. You are definitely my daughters!
Glad you had each other to spend the holidays with, can't wait to see all of you in just a few weeks.

The Trones said...

Madden looks so much like his mommy in that top right picture. Maria says "hold you." It so darn cute.

Michele said...

jealous. so glad you guys had so much fun but you both need to move closer to me so I can be included on these Thanksgiving traditions. waaah waaah. debbie downer.