Its snowing right now.
And really cold outside.
And its supposed to snow like every single day this week.
January and February in Chicago, I go into hibernation mode.
The only time I ever leave the house with Madden lately is to go to the gym or the grocery store.
And maybe an occasional play-date with friends.
We spend the majority of our days inside, staying in our sweats all day, snacking way too much, playing with Photo Booth, racing matchbox cars, coloring, reading lots of books, and watching either Dora the Explorer or How to Train Your Dragon.
Then when Madden takes his afternoon nap I get to curl up on the couch under a blanket (still in my sweats) and read my book.
(Most recently, Water for Elephants. Such a good book. If you haven't read it, read it! And then watch this trailer and be just as excited as I am for the movie to come out in a few months.)
Sometimes I feel disgusting for sitting around the house all day, wearing the same pair of sweats everyday, rotating my top every other day between my comfiest hoodie and my comfiest flannel.
Is that gross?
To make myself feel better, sometimes I do my make-up or curl my hair...even when I know I'm not going anywhere that day.
Is that weird??
Does anyone else do that??
Whatever.
It makes me feel a little bit less disgusting sometimes.
BTW, don't mind Madden's bed head in these pictures. I can't put make-up on him or curl his hair to make him feel better on our lazy hibernating days. So he just gets to hang out in his sweats with messy bed head all day. And with juice spilled down the front of his shirt and goldfish cracker crumbs still stuck to his face. All whilst shaking his hips back and forth dancing and singing along to "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'M THE MAP!" :)
(Although Madden's version goes a little more something like "Map, Map Map-Map-Map, MAP!")

P.S. Has anyone else been watching this season of The Bachelor
Isn't it the best season EVER?!?
I'm not even ashamed to admit how addicted I am to that pathetic show.
I SO look forward to Monday nights!
Is it Monday yet??

12 comments:
Aw I miss you Tiffany!
YES, I eagerly await every Monday night so I can watch the Bachelor. I'm obsessed. I made myself swear before I started watching the season that I wouldn't let it interfere with FHE, but well, you know.
I totally support comfy sweats 24/7. When I get home from school its the first thing I put on. I too like to put make-up on because my hair is always crazy from this salty hair that I have to do something to feel good.
AND YES I LOVE THE BACHELOR THIS SEASON. Nick and I both (shh he doesn't like to admit it) ;) We love Monday nights. How crazy is that girl who went on the date with him this week? Melissa...Michelle...??? I forget but she is nuts.
Umm, I totally know how you feel. Yesterday I could smell myself. That's how bad it was. Today I actually got dressed. Our snow is melting right now which is awesome, but I am not getting my hopes up. You gave me the idea of using photo booth with Lincoln. I am totally gonna do it.
Water for Elephants is such a great book! I can't wait for the movie. Dora is #1 around here. I love how they just yell everything they say. And we have been hooked on the bachelor...Greg too. He has good taste!
Girl! I'm right there with you! If I don't have to go to work, I don't leave the house. Only, you're a much better woman than I am. Curled hair?! Makeup!? Oh man, my poor husband...
So glad Madden has you as his Mommy to be holed up with on those cold Chicago days.
The Bachelor?? Damn Tiff, you have definitely been stuck in the house too long.
um ok so you both are so adorable, even in sweats and bedhead! winter in utah is too cold for me, and we too do much hibernating! and p.s. monday is my favorite day of the week, why? because of the bachelor! it is my guilty pleasure!! Brian even watches it with me :)
I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one hibernating! It's just been so dark and dreary! January and February really are tough but then spring is wonderful! It was so fun hanging out with you guys...we'll have to do it again soon!
I am totally going to go get Water for Elephants. Thanks for the recommendation:) As far as staying in your sweats all day, I can totally relate and yes, I feel gross most of the time. I can't even remember what it was like to wake up and shower first thing in the morning every day, fix hair, and have all makeup on before breakfast! Ha! I haven't been watching The Bachelor, but I just might have to start if it really is THAT good. I sure miss ya!! Your posts always crack me up...
Last Monday, our DVR of the bachelor interfered with something else we were watching, and Ryan cancelled the recording. I am so behind. I may have even missed the episode before that. Blah.
Do my makeup and hair when I'm NOT going somewhere? No. Do my make up and hair when I AM going somewhere? Rarely. Have another baby already, Tiff.
I loved Water for Elephants- Read ROOM (written through the perspective of a 5 year old boy) next. Great. Oh, and HELP. Also, and awesome book.
xox
I am SO glad I am not the only one who is hibernating and does nothing all day! It's an amazing day if my house is clean and we are out of our pajamas and hair and makeup is done! Sad I know! I seriously do nothing all day and I am starting to get really depressed! I'm not made for living somewhere with snow! I can't wait to move back to AZ! I seriously love reading your blog!
Post a Comment