Tuesday, February 1, 2011

dumpster fairy

Thank you, Dumpster Fairy for leaving this treasure behind for us...


Well, for Madden.
When Randy brought this inside this morning, you should have seen Madden's face.
It was like Christmas morning all over again.

And the gift couldn't have come at a better time...
This record-breaking blizzard has started up already and is supposed to go strong for the next 48 hours.
They are predicting up to 18-22 inches of snow and at some point they are saying we will be getting 3-4 inches of snowfall per hour.
And as if that weather description doesn't sound frightening enough, I actually read online today that the National Weather Service Bureau in Chicago described this blizzard of '11 with these words :
"Impassable. Conditions will rapidly deteriorate. Very dangerous, multifaceted and potentially life-threatening."
Awesome.

Wasn't planning on leaving the house these next couple of days.
And now this "baball" hoop can provide Madden with endless hours of indoor entertainment.

As for me??
I've got People magazine, my space heater and four 12-packs of diet cherry pepsi to keep me happy while cooped up inside.
Not that I will be consuming all 4 12-packs within 48 hours, but I just had to stock up before the storm.
Ya know...just in case.

Now, just pray that our power doesn't go out.
Not only because we would be freezing cold in our apartment without heat.
But also because I would be devastated if my diet cherry pepsis started freezing and exploding.

9 comments:

robyne said...

You are so funny! I can totally relate...everyone was home this weekend and my Diet Cokes were disappearing like crazy, on friday I had like 4 12 packs and Monday I am down to one (and its already open)
So did somebody actually "dumpster ditch" that cut BB game? Awesome!!! I am with you on the Bachelor too! I have to watch it on Hulu tho, cuz Shane HATES it:(
Miss you tons and Love you!

Mandy said...

I love that you found that thing next to the dumpster!! That's the best! Good luck with the storm. I'll pray for you and your Pepsi.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

someone threw that away???!! Jeez. One man's trash really IS another mans treasure, right?! Be safe out there.

Mrs. McCarthy said...

Love your honesty! You are so funny! Hope that storm passes... FAST!

Cheryl said...

awesome! That is a total score for you guys. We were thinking of getting Lincoln one of those for his birthday.
Good luck with the storm. I have been hating our high of 18 today. Yuck.

Janelle said...

love it - that hoop looks brand new. good luck braving the storm! this is crazy!

Faye said...

Keep us storm updated. I heard it took Randy FOREVER to get home from school today. Uck! I hope school gets cancelled for Wed so you can all stay home and dunk basketballs together :)

Debbie said...

I got on here to see if you wrote anything about the storm because I keep seeing stuff about it on the news and just saw something about it dumping on Chicago. Lucky for us, we are south of the storm and have only had a few flurries this morning that aren't sticking to the ground. Oh I feel for you up there. I am sick of snow....SO ready for spring and warm weather. Serious cabin fever lately. Good luck up there. At least it sounds like you are prepared with the necessities:) By the way, love the dumpster fairy gift!

Ginger said...

LOL! I thought of you yesterday when I was watching Al Roker reporting from Chicago on the Today show. It looked crazy there! It's been freezing here! But no snow--and I will have you know I made Tyler go fetch my 12 pack of diet Mt. Dew from our car out of fear that they would freeze and explode last night...it's just survival.