Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chicago Spring 1/2 Marathon


One thing I have learned about racing in Chicago?
Chicago weather is very unpredictable.

Just a few days ago it was 88 degrees.
This morning while running our 1/2 on the waterfront downtown??
Temps in the low 40's
Winds at 25 mph, gusting up to 40 mph at times.
Wind chills in the 20's.
And steady rainfall the entire time.

If I'm being totally honest, it was the most unenjoyable race I have ever done and the most miserable weather conditions I have ever run in.
Ever.
I am just glad that its over.
And glad that I finished.
Even though it meant running against 40 mph winds, soaking wet from head to toe, with rain pelting me so hard that it stung my skin and felt like I was being stabbed with tiny knives all over every inch of my body.
And blue lips at the finish line because it was that cold.

But I must say...
there's no two people I would have rather suffered miserably through it with :)
Thanks Janelle and Ash...I love you girls!
But lets not ever do that again.
Seriously.

5 comments:

ashalston said...

It was the most miserable experience of my life. I hate wind, rain, cold weather... So basically I hate Chicago. But I do agree... I love you and Janelle to death and am so happy we all suffered through that torture together!!

Faye said...

Misery loves company - glad you had someone to share it with . . . what bad luck for the weather to turn on you like that.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ugh what a miserable race! I HATE racing in weather like that. Sucks all the fun out of it. Glad you finished though. Miss ya!

Janelle said...

agreed. but let's keep up the weekly runs! love you girls!!

The Jackson Family said...

You are definitely a rockstar! Your family is so adorable:)