Saturday, May 21, 2011

lincoln park zoo










Randy is officially finished with year 2 of Physical Therapy school.
Now he is on a break for an entire month.
This is the longest break he has had since he started school.
Its freaking awesome.

We've waited all week for some decent weather and finally had a clear day to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Madden asked to see "ewphants" the entire time.
And unfortunately the Lincoln Park Zoo has just about every single animal except for elephants.
So he had to settle for the elephant statues attached to the drinking fountain.
(pictured above)

The "ewphant" drinking fountain and the "baby tuwtles" were his fave.
His least fave was the psycho black howler monkey who flung his entire body at the glass window right in front of our faces and flashed his fangs while Madden clung to my neck for dear life.

A fun day :)

7 comments:

Faye said...

Fun pictures Tiff - tell your Dad I'm doing great here - just can't email or skips but I did manage to log into your blog. The south of France is gorgeous - can't wait to tell you all about it!

Michele said...

how come mom used her only internet connection just to leave a comment on YOUR blog???
jk, but that's hilarious about the monkey. we love the zoo, we just bought an annual pass to ours. at animal kingdom while we were looking at the gorillas, I told john the story about the gorilla who threw an apple core at my head at the SF zoo in high school, now it's all my kids talk about. they are probably traumatized for life.

Cheryl said...

Wow...enjoy that break with Randy! That's awesome.
And the zoo looks fun. I have been dying to take Lincoln.

Cara said...

That is a funny story about the howler monkey!Poor Madden probably was freaked out...heck I would be too! What a bummer there isn't an elephant there, but so cute that he was ok with just seeing the elephant on the drinking fountain. :) Zoo trips are always fun...especially when your hubby is there to enjoy it too! Have fun on his break!!

ensman said...

That is freaking funny B!! Madden probably feels about monkeys like I feel about dogs;) I hate psychotic animals!

Briana said...

Kaiden is obsessed with Elephants too :) Love the pictures!!

Nancy said...

http://beaboutitblogaboutit.blogspot.com/

Okay runner girl. Check out my sisters blog... there's a video a few posts down titled just in case...