Monday, August 22, 2011

this kid makes me laugh


Madden says and does so many funny things these days.
Maybe they are just funny to us, because we're his parents??
I don't know.
But I do know that I want to remember the funny things he says that make me laugh everyday...

He points to every single person we walk by and says really loud "Mom, who is that??" Embarassingly loud.

His 2 favorite phrases that he says about a million times a day (and it drives me crazy and makes me laugh at the same time) are "mom, what are you doing" and "stop it, mom!" But he usually says them back to back, as if its all one word.
If I'm lifting weights at home "momwhatareyoudoingstopitmom!"
If I'm typing a text on my phone "momwhatareyoudoingstopitmom!"
If Im talking to Randy when he gets home from school "momwhatareyoudoingstopitmom!"
If I'm on the computer "momwhatareyoudoingstopitmom!"
I think, translated roughly, what he's really trying to say is "pay attention to ME!"

Lately he's really into "excising" (aka exercising). He likes to do Pilates with me and half the time I can't even keep up with the video because I'm laughing too hard at Madden. He copies the movements pretty well, but the funny part is he copies all the things Mari Winsor is saying on the video so Madden will be saying "this is hard, you can do it!" and "down cross and up, down cross and up AND down cross and UP!" So my abs get double the work-out...from pilates AND from laughing hysterically at Madden's commentary.

He has an amazing memory and sense of direction. Whenever we are driving, he knows if we are anywhere in the vicinity of the candy store, the donut bakery, the movie theater, the book store with the train table, the library, or the gym. A couple weeks ago when we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo in the city, we were still about 5 minutes away and I had not told him where we were going and he suddenly gasped in the back seat and said "Mom! We at the ZOO!" I could not believe it. Especially since we were in the city, where I sometimes can't even remember my way around!

Probably one of my favorite things he says right now is "I not want it." He usually says it about food or drink he doesn't want, but when we were at the zoo a few weeks ago, he didn't want to go to the gorilla exhibit because they have this HUGE massive silverback gorilla and Madden is scared of it and he kept saying the whole time we were at the exhibit "I not want it. I not want that gorilla, mom. lets go see fishies."

The other phrase he says lately is adding the word "just" to justify something he is doing, and he says it with such attitude!
(since when did my sweet little boy get such attitude!?)
When I am trying to keep him awake in the car... "I JUST sleeping, Mom!"
When I am trying to get him to eat his food and not just drink his juice..."I JUST drinking juice, Mom!"
When I am trying to get him to leave the video store..."I JUST looking at the movies, Mom!"
And last week, when Randy was trying to get him to stop roaring in his face in the middle of a restaurant "I JUST a T-Rex, Dad!"

Anytime he's excited to be going somewhere or doing something, he says "Let's DO this!" Randy said it to him one time and now Madden says it.
And another thing he says when he's excited about something is "I SO ESSITED!" This saying is usually accompanied with his "crazy face," which can be seen in the top picture above :)

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Those aren't just funny because you are his parents. They are so funny! Ha ha ha. Kids are the best.

ensman said...

Madden is freaking funny B!! I love the "Down cross and up!" the best:) I have NO sense of direction and Jase is just like Madden. IT is a little freaky sometimes! He is always telling me which way to go. I think it might start coming in handy:) Oh and by the way Madden is so ADVANCED!!

Carly said...

Hilarious! I love that he does pilates!

Cara said...

I wish I could LIKE jodee's comment about him being so advanced. :) He is one smart cookie for sure. Reminds me of Ryken when he was that age. And completely opposite of Cy. He is not into the talking thing. He has certain things he says but nothing TOO advanced. :) And that is too cute about the gorilla, and wanting to see the fishes instead. :) He is one cutie patootie!

Nancy said...

How can it be that I have never met Madden? :( I love him.