Tuesday, September 18, 2012

30th birthday trip to chicago



How do I even begin to sum up my 30th birthday getaway!?
Randy spoiled me rotten this year!
He flew me out to Chicago for an entire week to shop and eat in my favorite city with my favorite girlfriend.
And then, once I got there, Ali spoiled me rotten some more!
I'm telling you, this is why she's my bestie.
This girl thinks of everything.
She knows me so well and is so incredibly thoughtful.
She had my favorite trader joes treats and snacks waiting for me, my favorite gossip mags, a cold 12-pack of diet cherry pepsi waiting in the fridge, special birthday plates and 30 birthday candles to go on my made-by-her coconut tres leches birthday cake, a gift card to shop at the J Crew outlet and a birthday card that was pretty much created for ME from HER by Hallmark.
Ya know how when you're shopping for a card, its organized into sections like, "for grandma from grandson" or "for husband from wife"?
She must have found my birthday card in the section labeled "for Tiff from Ali."
For reals.
How did I get so lucky??

BEST.BIRTHDAY.EVER!






(except not really, cuz I missed Randy and Madden way too much!) 













Ralph Lauren
Magnificent Mile
Sprinkles Cupcakes
Water taxi on the river
Bongo Room
State Street
Magnolia Cupcakes
Garrets Popcorn
Metra train rides
Chicago dogs
Trader Joes faves every night
Standard Market
J Crew Outlet
Coconut Tres Leches birthday cake
Whole Foods Sushi and Kombucha
Sushi happy hour
Maple Grove Forest Preserve morning run
Laying-out-on-the-deck weather
One day of wearing-scarves-and-drinking-starbucks weather


See, I told you...
BEST.BIRTHDAY.EVER!

I'd better start brainstorming for Randy's 30th and Ali's 30th...

6 comments:

Ali and Bryan Packard said...

Aww my sweet little bitch! You're the best! I feel like we celebrated my bday while you were here too...so no worries about a gift...unless it's a cruise. Yup that might top our week. Seriously though, it was the BEST WEEK EVER! I'm coming to AZ for a repeat in t minus 25 weeks!;)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ok that sounds so fun. I'm so glad you were able to get away and have fun. And she is super pretty.

Faye said...

Girl trips are the best! So glad you got to do so many fun things and your 30th was so memorable. Randy did good!

Josie said...

I had forgotten about that popcorn place...man, Chicago really is the best! :) Glad you had a great time!

Unknown said...

happy birthday pretty lady!!!!!! looks like you had an amazing time!!

Carly said...

Can you please let Randy and Ali know my birthday is November 5th? Thanks. :)