Monday, September 16, 2013

Its a BOY!


Look at that smile on Madden's face!!
Can you tell he was hoping for a baby brother??
All his dreams came true today when we had our 20 week ultrasound and the tech told him he was having a baby BROTHER!
His reaction and the smile on his face just melted me!
Taking an older sibling to the baby gender ultrasound is the best!
When Madden saw this image of the baby's spine, he whispered to Randy and me..."Does the baby have lots of really sharp teeth??"


I sure freaking hope not.
Cuz it would look pretty freaky and I sure as hell wouldn't breast feed it.

I am so excited to have another boy!
Brothers are the best!
Not to mention that we can re-use all our cute baby boy stuff we already have and save a ton of money, since we already spent it all on fertility treatment!

This may just be our last baby, so I wondered if I would be sad or dissapointed if it wasn't a girl, but I was actually surprised at how HAPPY I was when she told us it was a healthy baby boy!
I'm really not dissappointed at all...I think having 2 boys will be so much fun!
I have loved having a boy and I love the bond between mother and son, it is truly unlike anything else, and so I am excited to experience it again with another sweet little boy :)

And how cute are these profile pics!?
How could you not smile and fall in love with this lil baby, no matter whether it was a boy or a girl!?
I mean...




I'm in love already and haven't even met him yet or picked a name for him yet!

For the rest of the day, Madden has been so happy and he keeps talking about his "little brother" in the sweetest way.
He picked out a hot wheels sticker from the Dr's office for being such a good boy and about an hour later he asked me if we could go back to the Dr's office because he forgot to pick out a sticker for his little brother :)
He asked me what kind of sticker I thought his brother would like and I said, "probably the same kind you got, because little brothers wanna be just like their big brothers!  He's gonna wanna do everything the same as you and be just like you!"
Madden seemed to like that.
He smiled and said, "Yeah!  And when I fart, then HE'S gonna try to fart!  Its gonna be so fun!"

Ahhh, my boys ;)

4 comments:

JONES said...

I had tears in my eyes reading this... then busted up laughing reading the last sentence. LOL!... Oh Madden... what a funny boy! They are going to be best of buds!

Cheryl said...

Congrats!! Having two boys really is SO fun!!

Unknown said...

Fart comment? Hilarious. Surpassed only by the sharp teeth comment!!! haha. That is darling. How fun for Madden to have a little brother. Congratulations to you guys! Hope the next 20 weeks are great (with no nausea, stretch marks or acid reflux!)

Allie said...

Brothers ARE the best! I'm so incredibly excited for you! Can hardly wait to meet this little dude! Congrats!