There are two kinds of moms:
Those who do elf on the shelf and love it and those who don't do it and think its too much work and over-the-top.
I don't think there's anything wrong with either stance, all I know is I love it and I'll probably always do it, as long as my kids still believe.
Truth be told, I know its supposed to motivate kids to have good behavior, since the elf is watching them and reporting back to Santa and all that, but thats not even really why I do it or what I love about it.
Thats just an added bonus.
I just do it cuz its fun.
And Madden loves it.
Not one day went by in the month of December where Madden didn't wake me up with,
"Wake up mom! Lets go find Buddy!"
or
"Wake up mom! Come see what Buddy is doing!"
It always put a smile on both our faces first thing in the morning. :)
You don't have to be an "over-achieving" mom to do it.
Lots of the things I did took all of 2 seconds for me to do.
And it wasn't hard for me to remember to do every night before I went to bed, because the last thing Madden would say every.single.night as I tucked him in was, "I'm so excited to see what Buddy is doing in the morning!"
So yeah, I'm an elf on the shelf mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment