Monday, April 28, 2014

Legoland!


Over spring break, it seemed like everyone was headed to southern California, and I was ready to get out of the house after being cooped up inside with a brand new baby for 2 months.
So I half-jokingly suggested a last minute spring break trip to Legoland, hoping Randy would go for it but not thinking he really would ;)
And he did!
We decided to surprise Madden, and I think moments like this are what make being a parent so fun!
When we picked Randy up from work Friday and started driving to California, Madden had no idea our suitcases were all packed in the trunk.
But after a few hours of driving into the desert, he picked up on the fact that we were not headed home :)
We first just told him we were going to California to take him to the beach, (we wanted to keep the Legoland part a surprise until the very last minute!)
That night, he was so freaking excited about our ghetto little hotel and the idea of a trip to the beach in the morning, that I thought his head might explode once he found out we were actually going to Legoland!
Randy was DYING to spill the secret and he said, "So, Madden, is there anyplace else you want to go while we are here in California?"
Madden thought about it for a minute, and then his eyes lit up and he said excitedly, "Do they have a Target here!?!?"
Randy and I lol-ed about that one all night.
Apparently my child is easily pleased.
And apparently he really likes Target.

The next morning he thought we were headed to the beach, but then we pulled up to Legoland instead...


And in that moment right there, folks, was one of the highlights of my 5 years of motherhood.








It was a PERFECT day! 
Even Beckett, our colicky little 7-week old silent-reflux baby was an angel babe on the trip!
And I would personally like to thank the genius whose idea it was to create a Baby Center at Legoland, where I could go to change my baby, warm up his bottles, nurse him in privacy, and rock him in a cozy little rocking chair in a little Legoland nursery.

After a fun-filled day at Legoland, we spent the next day at Carlsbad Beach...




It was a short, but sweet, trip, with my little family of 4.
Beckett was such a good traveler.
And it was so fun to surprise Madden.
Randy and I fantasized about moving to Carlsbad and living on the beach...someday.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What an AWESOME surprise!!! I bet that was such a fun thing to do as a parent. Making our kids happy is so great.