Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July in Lake Tahoe


I can't believe that the last time our ENTIRE family was together (I mean every single kid, spouse, grandkid, EVERYone) was this trip, over 4 years ago!
I mean, we see each other a lot more often than that, but not all at the same time and in the same place.
Its so hard to work it out for everyone when we all live in different states and people have different work schedules and babies are being born, etc. etc.
And speaking of babies being born, I was SO excited for this family trip because we added 3 new grand babies to the family this year, all born just a few months apart, and all BOYS so I couldn't WAIT to get all 3 of them together!
It was pretty much the highlight of the trip for me :)




Other highlights of our week in Lake Tahoe consisted of Grandma and Grandpa Time...





Cousin Time...




Pool Time...



Golf at Lahontan, of course ;)



Fun at Northstar...



4th of July Festivities at Lahontan...







And my mom even managed to squeeze in some family pictures...because who knows when we'll all be together again!








And the NOT highlight of the trip?
Madden's first trip to Urgent Care and his first stitches.
On our last morning there, my mom and my sisters and I left the kids at the condo with the dads while we had breakfast at the Lahontan clubhouse.
About halfway through our breakfast, we got a text from Randy with a picture of a huge gash on Madden's head, asking Josie and Paul if they thought he needed stitches.
Turns out he did, so Randy and my dad took him down to Urgent Care where he got 14 stitches (!!!!)



I felt awful that I wasn't there with him, but I'm glad Randy was.
Madden was very brave and spent the rest of the day relaxing poolside in the shade with me while we drank chocolate milkshakes.


And even though that was the note we ended our trip on, it was still such a fun trip that we were sad to come home from...
Til next time... (in like 4 more years...) ;)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Your family is the best. THE BEST. I miss the Hunts. Also, I'm sorry about M's head! Ouchie!!!