Wednesday, August 13, 2014

6 months

7 * 27 * 14

Apparently I only produce one kind of baby...because both my babies were the hardest, fussiest, most high-maintenance newborns ever...who then turn into the easiest, chillest, happiest, most laid-back babies ever.

I'll take it.

Beckett at 6 months...

is officially done with breast-feeding. sadly, it did not last as long as it did with Madden...but Beckett loves his bottles and has always taken formula really well so it was an easy transition.  Every night at bedtime, I sit in his room and feed him his bottle in the rocking chair, lights off, lullabies on.  Its my absolute most favorite time with him.


is loving his solids.  Well, most of his solids.  He's not a huge fan of green beans or rice cereal but he inhales everything else.




is finally starting to sit up.  still a little wobbly, but he's getting there.





sleeps through the night in his crib.  Goes down at 8, usually wakes up for a bottle between 5-6 and then goes back down til 8.


is obsessed with his tongue.  he sticks his tongue out all.day.long all.the.time.  its so funny and so cute!




loves his playmat and is actually playing with toys now.  He loves his Sophie giraffe, his pirate rattle, and his elephant that hangs above his playmat.







loves bath time and loves to swim.  He splashes in the water and gets everyone around him soaking wet.


rolls all over the place.  I turn my back for one second and he's on the other side of the room.



rarely cries...usually only when he is really tired.  I can take him anywhere and everywhere...restaurants, shopping, movie theaters, etc. and he just chills in his carseat and doesn't make a peep.  Everyone is always commenting on what a good baby he is, how quiet and chill and laid back he is.  Just like Madden was as a baby.




isn't the most consistent with his nap schedule.  But I guess thats pretty typical for the 2nd child when we are always coming and going, taking big brother to school and running errands.  He sleeps really well in his carseat when we are out and about, but he also will take naps in his crib if we are at home.


has the cutest belly laugh in the world!  Its a constant competition in our family, who can get Beckett to laugh the hardest.  Sometimes Madden wins.  Sometimes Mom & Dad win.  And then Madden gets his feelings hurt and pouts because he wants to be the one to make him laugh the hardest :)









6 month measurements and percentiles:

Weight: 18 lb 11 oz  60%

Height: 27 1/2 in.  75%

Head: 17 3/4 cm.  75%

1 comment:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK I say this every time I comment but I am so annoyed that I haven't met this perfect baby yet!!! He is the cutest thing I have ever seen. His belly laughs are the best!!! I want to hold him bad.