Sunday, October 12, 2014

Girls Weekend


I know, I know...I just got back from a trip to Chicago...but we just had to take advantage of another great deal we stumbled upon for another Scottsdale resort!
This time, our girlfriend Tansey, who lives up north who we never get to see, was able to join us on our 24 hour girls staycation.

Whenever I get a girls weekend away, my priorities are...
1. yummy food.  like seriously guys, where are we eating?  thats always my first question.
2. shopping...without my kids.  cuz its just so much more awesome without my kids.
3. pampering and relaxation.  like face masks and massages and pedicures and make-overs.  and lounging around in fluffy white hotel bathrobes.
4. pool time.  which always includes a good book or gossip mag and a virgin pina colada.  always.

All in that order, pretty much.
We stayed at the Scottsdale Resort where we relaxed by the pool and drank pina coladas.
We ate yummy food at Culinary Dropout and North.




We shopped.  A lot.
We got make-overs at Sephora and got some face masks to use in the hotel that night.




We slept in....but it still felt like we didn't get much sleep, since we stayed up til like 2 am talking.

Whenever I get a night away with my girlfriends, I think my husband expects me to come back all relaxed and re-energized...but instead I come back with bags under my eyes, begging for a nap that day cuz actually we just stay up alllllll night long talking and laughing.  We just can't help ourselves, I guess.
This has been my second staycation in like a 4 month period.  Oops.
Looks like the hubby deserves a guys weekend away next.

Getting away with my girls to do girly things is good for my soul...
But oh how I missed these faces...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've totally inspired me. I'm organizing a little weekend in NYC with my girlfriends because yours have looked so fun! I'm excited!