Thursday, January 28, 2016

terrible twos

The terrible twos are officially here...
And it ain't pretty.
Madden never went through a "terrible twos" phase, since he was basically a perfect child.
So this is new territory for me.
Beckett's favorite phrases right now are "NO NO MOMMY!" and "ALL MINE!" both of which he screams angrily in my face repeatedly every day.
He also throws massive tantrums all day every day.
Ya know, the kind where they belly flop and face plant on the floor, kicking and screaming until they get what they want.
But what he wants is usually something completely unreasonable.
Like last week, when we were walking into Target, and he was mad because Randy wouldn't let him run out into the street in front of cars by himself.
wtf child.




His favorite things to do are...

bite his brother when he isn't paying enough attention to him,
do the exact opposite of anything mom and dad tell him to do,
stick random things into light sockets,
play with the dishwashing soap under the kitchen sink,
run into the street,
ride his bike in the middle of the street NOT on the sidewalk,
throw toys off the top of the balcony so they break and shatter on the tile floor,
ruin anything his big brother makes, 
slap me in the face when he doesn't get his way,
turn any diaper-change or getting-dressed situation into a full on screaming, clawing, wrestling match
screech at the top of his lungs to get your attention, 
hit people on the head with swords and baseball bats (play ones, of course)
and cry so hard that he makes himself throw up in his crib every night when he doesn't wanna go to bed.

Also, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things from that list...but I've probably blocked them from my memory cuz they're so awful.

Its a good thing he's so damn cute...




A friend of mine commented the other day that he looks like a boy cabbage patch doll.
And I have to agree...



Even the freckles and that hair!?
I mean....the resemblance is uncanny ;)
And who could be mad at that face???
Not me.
(at least not for long)

1 comment:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

WHAT! Your dad had a stroke?! Tiff I'm so sorry! Stuff like that scares the crap out of me. I'm glad he is ok and that you were able to go see him.

Also. Freaking two year olds! Ivy is in that stage right now too and I swear Emery is never going to grow out of it and she's four!!! Waaaaa. But dang that boy is cute.