Friday, October 13, 2017

this kid


This kid finds a way to test my patience daily.
One morning I had a talk with him about being a good boy and he said, "k but can you teach me how to be a good boy??  Cuz I have no idea how to be a good boy."
Ummmm yeah, I could tell buddy.


He still climbs into bed with us every night these days.
How do I put a stop to that!?
Usually its because he's sick or had a bad dream, but this morning when I said, "why did you get in my bed last night??" he said "um cuz its pretty"



He's obsessed with all things Halloween and now that its officially October, all he wants to do is wear his skeleton jammies everyday and watch scary Halloween shows.
I made the mistake of letting him watch an episode of R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour about a creepy doll that comes to life and now he refuses to go in any room by himself cuz he says there's "ceepy dolls and ceepy babies."



And speaking of testing my patience, the other day he got super pissed at me and yelled at me through hysterical tears "I wanna be a shark when I grow up...so I can EAT YOU!!!!"



He may be a handful at times, but he sure knows how to turn on the charm.
He flirts like mad with the older girls in our neighborhood we carpool with.
One morning while we sat out front of their house waiting for them, Beckett was getting impatient and kept saying "where are they!?"
And then he said, "I just wanna see them so I can see how pretty they are!"



Kinda don't want him to ever grow up.
The superhero phase is just too cute.
But the taking-naps-on-the-couch-at-5-pm-and-then-refusing-to-go-to-bed phase?
Not so cute.

No comments: