It is Red Ribbon Week so we had a class discussion about saying No to drugs…which always ends up being a very interesting discussion with kindergartener. So after we talked about what drugs are and what they do to your bodies, we then went on to talk about how it is illegal and you can go to jail for doing drugs. I asked the kids if they thought jail was a very fun place to go and of course they said no and one little boy stood up and said “No way! Cuz when you go to jail, you know what the cops do to you?” And the following he said while demonstrating by swinging his arm back and forth very violently…”They BEAT you with a STICK! So hard like this! Right on your back! OVER and OVER and OVER again!” I was trying so hard not to laugh (in fact I think I even let a little giggle slip out) and I asked the little boy where he learned that….thinking maybe he saw it on a television show or something. He said “My mom. She told me. She knows everything.”
Another funny during Red Ribbon Week…the whole school wore stickers today that said “I Pledge to be Drug Free” so we talked about how by wearing that sticker they were promising not to ever do drugs. By the end of the day, one little girl had gotten sick of wearing her sticker and came up and told me, very matter-of-factly, “Mrs. Brimhall, I don’t need to wear this sticker! Cuz I already know I’m never gonna smoke!”
Another funny during Red Ribbon Week…the whole school wore stickers today that said “I Pledge to be Drug Free” so we talked about how by wearing that sticker they were promising not to ever do drugs. By the end of the day, one little girl had gotten sick of wearing her sticker and came up and told me, very matter-of-factly, “Mrs. Brimhall, I don’t need to wear this sticker! Cuz I already know I’m never gonna smoke!”

2 comments:
I was laughing outloud reading these posts... I read a couple lines to Ryan but he did not appreciate 5 year old humor nearly as much as I do. I can just picture their cute little not-so-innocent faces as they say this stuff. Too funny!
Hurray for a new post! That is such a funny story : )
Post a Comment