Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend in San Diego!



Since I am on my Spring Break right now, we decided to plan a little getaway. So we drove to San Diego for the weekend, as kind of a last minute trip. :) We had such a great time and I am so lucky I have such a thoughtful, sweet husband who spoils me and makes everything so much fun! I think we need to plan more weekend getaways like this before we start having babies...

Here are a few highlights from our trip:

*Walking along Mission Beach


*Eating crab legs overlooking the beach


*Shopping in La Jolla

*Walking around the San Diego Temple grounds



*Dinner at Cafe Japengo, voted Best Sushi in San Diego!


I think you can tell from my huge smile in this picture and my husband's half-smile who loves sushi more... :) He was such a trooper though and tried so many new things! I think sushi is slowly growing on him and soon enough he will be just as addicted as I am... :)

*Petting the dolphins at Sea World



*The Shamu Show "Believe" at Sea World




The first day we were there it was a little chilly and very windy. Then that night in our hotel we were woken up by POURING rain outside and thunder and lightening...and we were worried we wouldn't be able to go to Sea World the next day in such horrible weather. But we went anyway and amazingly enough, it ended up being beautiful weather all day long while we were there!


Thanks for a perfect weekend, babe! I love you so much! XOXOXO

15 comments:

Briana said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Sea World and I love getting away to California. You two are such a cute couple!

The Youngs said...

I am so jealous! I love Sea World and have been dying to see the new Shamu show. Yes take advantage of spontaneous trips! :) You guys are too cute. Enjoy break.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

FUN!!! You're a sushi lover too? I can't wait to pop this baby out and go out to some serious sushi! I've missed it!

Jennifer and Brad said...

How fun! It always seems like the spontaneous weekends that have no expectations are the funniest. You two are absolutely adorable.

Emily said...

So fun! The weekends don't have to stop once you have kids you just have to live close to family so you have someone to pass them off to every once in a while! I love the picture of you guys on the Temple lawn the whole thing looks almost fake it is so perfect!

Summer said...

Wow, I'm jealous! I still can't believe that i've never been to sea world. Looks like a great trip - call me soon so we can catch up : )

Jennifer and Brad said...

I've heard great things about the Twillight.. Im anxious to get done with this series to get that one started. Brad says, HEY! :) He wanted to check out your blog the other day so I pulled it up for him. He said he was happy you are doing so great cause he thinks you are great person. Sweet huh! :)

KARI said...

Looks like so much fun. I am jealous!! I need to try some real sushi...something outside of Copa:)

The Jackson Family said...

What a fun getaway! You most definetly need to take lots of weekend getaways! Nick and I loved doing that and it was wonderful and so we don't miss the "get up and go" because we had lots of time to do that:)! However we still do it with Aspyn but it definetly takes a lot more work:)

Nancy said...

Ooo! Looks like fun- I'm jealous!

Becky said...

What a fun vacation!! I am jealous.. I miss the beach:)

Cara said...

How fun. I wish we would have tried to do more of those kind of trips. They always seem to be the fun ones. Oh and Sea World is so much fun. I want to go back so bad. Hopefully when Ryken is a little bigger. :) You and Randy are so cute!

loverofmysmithboyz said...

Tiffany!!
I found your blog on Kari's and I hope you don't mind I want to add you!! I think it is a good way to keep in touch!! I LOVE the blog and what a fun weekend!! It was great to get to meet you!!

Debbie said...

That looks like so much fun! We haven't done a long weekend anywhere since we had Logan, and I just love doing it! I'm telling Jared we have to do something like that again soon! But it would be hard to leave Logan- I haven't really been away from him yet!:(

Shanan and Danica said...

Wow that does look like a ton of fun...I'm jealous. Tell Randy I said hi. :)