Monday, May 26, 2008

Congratulations, Robbie!






This weekend we went up to Snowflake for my brother-in-law Robbie's high school graduation. Just like a lot of other high school graduations this weekend, it was moved inside the gymnasium at the last minute because of the crazy rainy weather. The drive up to Snowflake Friday afternoon was pretty crazy too. It was insane how much snow was on the ground! I had to keep reminding myself it was May...it seriously looked like it did when we drove up there at Christmas time! We had a nice relaxing three-day weekend up there, just hanging out and eating yummy junk food, watching movies, drinking energy drinks every single day, and staying up late talking and laughing. I'm glad we got to be there to celebrate with Robbie! Congrats Robbie! We love you and are so proud of you! :)

On a side note, while we were up there, I completed my 13-mile training run. That's half a marathon, people! And my longest run yet! AND it was much hillier running up in Snowflake than I am used to! I am so used to running on the flat ground, that my shins and calves were pretty sore for the next couple days afterwards. But it was good practice for me, since the first half of the San Francisco marathon has some hilly spots. 8 weeks of training down, 10 more weeks to go! :)

5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Wow, Tiff!! Congrats on completing the half, that's awesome!

Shanan and Danica said...

I have to say congrats on completing the half as well...I don't think I could do it. Plus the change in altitude had to be hard too.

Nancy said...

You're inspiring... I don't think I could run a mile, let alone a half marathon! Go Tiff!

Cara said...

good for you with all the running. I wish I could be motivated enough to do something like that. Oh and when you were up in Snowflake did you get any bits pizza? I was up in woodruff and we had to go to snowflake just for me to get some pizza before we left. :)

Tiffany said...

Cara...of course we had Bits Pizza while we were there! I literally don't think I have ever been to Snowflake one time WITHOUT eating Bits Pizza! We ate it as SOON as we got there! :)