
Today is Teacher Appreciation Day! A day when my students bring me flowers and cute little notes. When parents give me Starbucks gift cards and PTO gives me restaurant gift cards. When Chipotle gives me a free dinner (YUM!) and McDonalds gives me a free lunch. That is usually how Teacher Appreciation Day goes...
Unfortunately for me, I wasn't even at school today to recieve all those thoughtful gifts. Instead, I spent all morning at the dentist, with my mouth pried open for 3 hours, my entire mouth numb...an extremely strange feeling. I then tried to pick up a pain prescription at Walgreens but since I could not even talk and tell them my name and address, I had to have my husband do it. Afterwards, I attempted to eat a chocolate milkshake, but most of it just dribbled down my chin while my husband wiped it up. The last time I remember feeling like this was way back in high school when I had my wisdom teeth out...and to be honest, I don't even remember much of that cuz I was so drugged up! :) All I remember is that my Mom took good care of me. And now my husband is taking good care of me...Scratching my back and massaging me while I eat my favorite ice cream that he bought for me, while relaxing on the couch waiting for Dancing With The Stars to come on.
The best part of my day? Vicodin. Happy Teacher Appreciation Day to me!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Happy Teacher Appreciation Day To Me!
Posted by
Tiffany
at
5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
sorry sista. that sounds awful. last time i had dental work done, i was all drugged up and i yelled at john for flirting with the assistant! how embarrassing. i don't even remember it. scott and his dental staff must think im a weirdo.
Oh Tiff. I'm sorry. On the up side, at least you didn't have to go through that with the scary Maricopa dentist.
O man I didnt know that you had were getting that done so soon. At least you could relax and watch Dancing with the Stars...if you will remember it:)
Yes, Rachael, I am SOOOO glad I went to Scott instead of the scary Maricopa dentist! So tell him thank you thank you thank you for making this unpleasant experience as pleasant and easy as it possibly could be :) It really was not bad at all during, it's just the after/recovery that isn't fun. Everyone at his office was so nice and sweet to me and I am really glad I went to him :) No one made me cry or tried to hit on me ;)
Watching Dancing With The Stars while on drugs.....I'll bet that was an experience.
O man sounds like you had a painful day! thats so funny because I dont remember getting my wisdom teeth out either! Chad insists that I must not have got them out because I for sure would have remembered it. nope! THey're definately gone and I dont remember a thing! Hope you feel better soon!!
Yuck! What did you have done? I was sad to have missed Teach app. day too, but I guess I can't complain too much since I get to stay home w/ my sweet baby!
Oh no! What were you getting done? Well I hope you're feeling better now!
Post a Comment