Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tonto Natural Bridge and Salsa Festival











This weekend I had Friday off so Randy took the day off too and we went up to Payson to hike at the Tonto Natural Bridge. It was a beautiful day and lots of fun :) Then of course once we were in Payson, we decided that we might as well just drive the rest of the way up to Snowflake. So we did :) Kind of last minute, we didn't have anything packed, but it was fun :) We just stayed there for the night and then got up and headed home this morning to go to the Maricopa Salsa Festival with Ricky and Kari and Teigen and Ashlyn. I had NO idea it would be so BIG! There were TONS of people there! It was pretty fun! Lots of booths set up giving away free stuff and raffles and things like that. There were a bunch of booths set up with different kinds of homemade salsa. So you got to grab a bag of chips and head around to all the booths, trying the different kinds of salsa and then vote for your favorites. Yummy! :) Teigen had fun playing on the jumpy obstacle courses while the rest of us tried to stay cool in the shade eating our free snow cones. I couldn't believe how HOT it was! And it's only April!! Looks like we are in for a hot summer...

12 comments:

Briana said...

It was our first year at the Salsa Festival this year as well and we were shocked! It was an amazing turn out and quite fun.

That place in Payson looks awesome!! We love to hike so I will have to get directions and head there sometime. (You look like a natural holding those kids) LOL!

Summer said...

Wow, that place is really pretty. And a salsa festival?!? That sounds awesome!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I love spontaneous trips like that, so fun!

Faye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye said...

I love how you guys are always out doing something and make every weekend so memorable. The Sals Festival looks like fun. What's happening next weekend?

John said...

Tiff......
What the hell is a "Tonto"

KARI said...

Thanks for going with us and helping us pack the kids around. I am crazy for not bringing a stroller. Who knew Maricopa could be so fun!!

Cara said...

Dang all that looks like fun. I guess we need to call the Brimhalls if we ever want to do something fun. Oh and i hear bout the salsa festival. I was going to tell justin bout it to see if he wanted to go but of course its on Saturday and he works. Oh well. We all need to get together again soon.

Amber Larsen said...

How fun! It's funny bc every time I ask trav what he wants to do he says he wants to go to Tonto Natural Bridge, but we've never actually gone! guess we should it looks awesome.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK Tiff....how mad would you be if I wanted to do the SF marathon with you?? I was going to shoot for PF changs, but I am ready to jump right in to training, and Clint and I are thinking of making it our summer trip. When is it again?

Tiffany said...

OH MY GOSH MARIANNE! PLEASE do the marathon with me! That would be SOOO much fun!!! :) You HAVE to do it! I am gonna call you tomorrow!!

The Youngs said...

We're going to have to check out the Salsa Festival. I've never even heard of it but I LOVE salsa. Cute pictures! Looks like lots of fun hiking. It's so pretty up there.