Friday, June 27, 2008

Carmel

Last weekend Randy and I flew to California to see my parents and then to drive up to Carmel to celebrate our anniversary. My Dad was nice enough (and trusting enough...thanks Dad!) to let us take his Porsche up to Carmel for a couple days. I am pretty sure it was the highlight of the trip for my husband...he was in heaven driving on 17 Mile Drive with the top down in the perfect weather! :)




We had our anniversary dinner at Roy's at Pebble Beach, and words cannot even describe the experience! Besides the phenomenal food, it was the most amazing Roy's location that I have ever been to! It was on one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever seen, on 17 Mile Drive, and every evening they play the bagpipes out on the golf course overlooking the ocean. They knew we were celebrating our anniversary so they gave us the VIP treatment. :) They even had custom menus made just for us that said "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Brimhall!"







After our delicious dinner and delicious dessert we walked down the golf course along a little path to the ocean. The weather was perfect and the view was amazing! Then we got back in the car and finished the 17 Mile Drive and stopped along the way to take some pics.



Just one of the many ginormous mansions on 17 Mile Drive that is probably worth billions...crazy!

The Lone Cypress Tree on 17 Mile Drive



We stayed at the Tradewinds Carmel Hotel. It was very nice...aside from the fact that they didn't have air conditioning. We soon learned that NO hotels in Carmel have air conditioning. Normally this wouldn't matter because the weather there is ALWAYS nice...but for some reason the ONE day we arrived, they were having some crazy record-breaking heat wave. But by evening time it cooled off enough and we enjoyed our stay there. We had breakfast in bed in the morning and then got massages right there in our room! It was great and the hotel was beautiful!




When we got back to my parents house we were able to celebrate my Dad's birthday with them, eating a delicious dinner at the Claremont Hotel in Berkley. Happy Birthday, Dad! I am glad we were there to celebrate with you! :)

We had the perfect weekend and it was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary! On Sunday I dropped Randy off at the airport and said goodbye to him...which I hate doing :( But I was also excited to fly off to New York City with my mom the following morning...

8 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

I am so jealous! That looks absolutely beautiful, we are definetely going to drive that on our next trip to San Fran, so gorgeous, and congrats on your anniversary.

Shanan and Danica said...

sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary...my husband was jealous of the porsche drive as well...but the hotel and restaurant looked wonderful--we may have to go there some day.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK wow. You guys know how to celebrate anniversaries! That hotel is beautiful, and massages in your room? Jealous much. I'm glad you had fun!

Briana said...

I have always wanted to go there. It looks so gorgeous and looks like an awesome way to spend your 1 year anniversary. What an awesome weekend! Happy 1 year!

Cara said...

Dang Tiff and Randy that sounds like you guys had a great time. And how nice of your dad to let you borrow his car. :) And I to am jealous that you got massages and even better that it was in your room. NICE! Happy 1 year to you guys again!

Harries Family said...

That sounds like it was the perfect 1 year anniversay. I am very jealous. Our 2nd anniversary is on Tuesday, but with a nursing baby we can't go that far and be away too long. So enjoy this time alone with your husband...babies are just around the corner! Happy Anniversary!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful anniversary! You are SPOILED!!! ;)

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

WOW how absolutely perfect! Yea I would say you have a pretty cool dad! :) Did he make you sign a waiver, or promise your first born if anything happened to that pretty car :):) VERY COOL TRIP, love it! Glad you had a great time. Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see pics of your trip with your mom to NY, very cool!