Monday, June 30, 2008

New York City

After our trip to Carmel, Randy headed home to get back to work while I headed off to New York City with my Mom for a few days. She had to go there to work on her wedding dress business she is in the process of starting up. And I just happened to be off for the rest of the summer, so it worked out perfect for me to tag along with her so that we could do some fun things in New York City! :) It was a quick trip, but still tons of fun! We actually squeezed in a lot while were there.

Monday we flew to New York and arrived at our hotel in the middle of Times Square super late...about 11:30 to be exact.

Luckily we were in the city that never sleeps, so restaurants were still serving dinner and we had a late dinner in Times Square. Then Tuesday my Mom had wedding dress business stuff to attend to while I shopped along 34th Street. We met up that evening at our hotel to get ready for dinner and a show. We ate at a delicious Italian restaurant in Rockefeller Center and had delicious dessert...chocolate mousse with blueberries and marshmallows! YUM!

After dinner we saw the new Cirque Show called Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy.


It was AMAZING! I love Cirque shows! They are the best! I have seen so many and they never fail to amaze me! If you have never seen one, you MUST see one!! No matter the cost! I promise you will not be dissapointed! I keep telling Randy how amazing they are...he has yet to see one, and I cannot wait to take him to one someday!

Wednesday my mom had more wedding dress appointments she had to run around for so I went for a nice jog in Central Park. It was a beautiful day and I have always wanted to go running in Central Park. Plus, this was my first run in 4 weeks since I have had shin splints, so just the fact that I finally got to RUN felt great, and the fact that it was in Central Park just made it even better :)

Then I did a little more shopping on 5th Avenue before meeting up with my mom for dinner and a show again :) We had the most delicious dinner at AJ Maxwell's Steakhouse and then saw Mary Poppins.I have to admit that I thought I might be a little dissapointed watching Mary Poppins after a Cirque show, because its hard to out-do a Cirque show, but Mary Poppins was INCREDIBLE! Really! I highly reccomend it!


Thursday afternoon we had to catch our flight home, but we managed to squeeze in a little bit more fun that morning: shopping in SoHo, brunch at a french cafe where I had the biggest cup of hot cocoa I have ever seen in my life...

...and stopping in at The Magnolia Bakery for their famous cupcakes :) Mmmmm, Mmmmm Good!!!

Thanks Mom for letting me tag along on your "business trip" :) It was lots of fun!

11 comments:

Summer said...

Tiff you have a movie star life - and you look like one too : ) Glad you've had so much fun on all your amazing trips! Good pics!

Michele said...

i hate you

Tiffany said...

you love me... :)

The Jackson Family said...

I love NYC, man you are really making me jealous:) !

Cara said...

Oh my gosh you just have one fun thing after another don't you! And how fun to go to new york with just you and your mom. And that hot cocoa and brownies look so darn yummy! OH and I love the cirque shows too! I wish I could see more of them. :)

Amber Larsen said...

Looks like you had so much fun! We've been wanting to go there too. How was the shopping? Get anything good? Central park looks amazing...

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I ditto what michelle says.

John said...

I hate that I raised kids who hate each other.

Nancy said...

I'm with Michele on this one. Hate, hate you. Looks like an awesome time. I'm pretty sure that while you were enjoying incredible NYC, the highlight of my day was introducing Nilla wafers to Jillian and finding pre-cooked grilled chicken at the store to bribe her with as I continued my grocery shopping. Oh la la... ;)

D-dawg said...

Tiffany, of course I remember you! And you are as darling as ever. What a fun mom and daughter trip- looks like you two had a blast!

Ginger said...

Thanks for the nice comment on our blog! I love your background! So cute. And I am jealous. You guys always go on fun trips. I want to go to NYC! Happy one year anniversary. And Summer is right, you do look like a movie-star. :)