Saturday, April 4, 2009

California

This post is long overdue...
At the very end of my Spring Break in March, I made a very quick (and very last minute!) trip home to California. It was the first time in 2 whole years that all three of us sisters were home at the same time! A few highlights from the trip:

*Meeting my little sister Michele's new baby, little Naomi Grace


*Watching Boston walk around everywhere and interact with his new baby sister



*Taking all the cousins to the Exploratorium in SF...I loved that place when I was little...it was perfect for Noah and Alex! They loved it!



*Crab Salad Sandwiches and Black and Tan ice cream sundaes at the famous Fentons


*Sunday dinner and a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa Graham



(I must preface this sister picture below by explaining that Summer had been in bed for 3 days with horrible morning sickness...this picture was taken just before I left for the airport...when we realized that all weekend long we hadn't taken one sister picture...probably due to the fact that I am fat and pregnant and Summer was sick and Michele had her hands full with her newborn...SO this was the best Sister picture we could get)


A few more highlights of the trip:
*Surprising my whole family when I showed up at the house very late Thursday night...my Dad picked me up at the airport and he was the only one who knew I was coming.
*Finding out that my older sister Summer is pregnant with her third baby and due in October! :)
*A Sister Day filled with shopping, yummy lunch, frozen yogurt, a great movie, and lots of laughs
*Laughing hysterically in the dressing room at Old Navy...about something I will not mention on my blog for everyone to read...but my sisters know what I am talking about ;)
*Staying up late, hanging out in the cottage after the kids were asleep, drinking Izzes and almost peeing my pants from laughing so hard

It was a very short trip for me and I was sad when I had to come home and go back to work :( But I am glad I went (against my Dr's orders, might I add...)! It was the perfect way to end my Spring Break ;)

6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

What a fun trip! I love hanging w/ just the sisters like that.

Michele said...

glad you broke your dr's rules. naomi looks like she is smiling at you in that first picture, and the sister pic is just ridiculous!

robyne said...

I am so glad you went, sounds like you had a great time. I hope my daughters get along as well as you sisters do! Love You!

KARI said...

I was wondering how your little get-a-way went...looks like you had a blast. Sisters are the BEST!!

Shanan and Danica said...

it does sound like a fun trip...and your new niece is precious. :)

Nancy said...

I'm glad you had a great Spring Break! Hey- did you get my email about my AZ trip? I really want to see you... email me or call me! :)