Sunday, August 16, 2009

Maple Hill Pool

(Please disregard my pasty white skin in these pictures. And Madden's as well. He obviously get his ridiculously pale complexion from his mother... )

Last week we went to Maple Hill Pool with our friends Ashley and Zoe. It was Madden's very first swimming experience! I was sure he was going to hate it, because he cries when his bath water isn't ridiculously hot. And this pool water was cold. But surprisingly enough, he didn't cry at all!

After a while I could tell he was getting tired, so I took him into the bathroom to put a dry diaper and dry clothes on him before he fell asleep. Poor baby was so exhausted, he just about fell asleep on the changing table! As soon as I picked him up and carried him back outside over my shoulder, he was out!

All afternoon, I was so concerned about protecting Madden from getting sunburnt, that I didn't even think about myself. Needless to say, I went home with a horrible sunburn on my back and shoulders.

Man, I need a tan.


Note to self:

Feeding baby immediately before going to the pool + Not burping him thoroughly because you are in a hurry to shave your legs before going to the pool = baby puke in the kiddie pool

Not pretty...


10 comments:

KARI said...

I LOVE his cute little hat! That looks like a fun pool! Miss ya guys. Does Randy have a break coming up?? Ricks last day is Thursday. I CAN'T wait!!

Lynnette said...

I love how swimming always tires them out :) I can't believe how big he is getting.

ashalston said...

Fun! Glad you two came with us! You neglected to mention the puke in the pool. :). Funny. Anywho, you are coming to my house soon and it's a disaster. Gotta clean!

Tiffany said...

ha ha, oh my gosh Ashley, I forgot about the puke in the pool!! i guess it was so embarassing that I blocked it from my memory ;)

ensman said...

Madden looks like a little Man! He is so big! Jase puked in the pool last week because he was drinking the pool water on purpose!

D and C said...

You really do have a CUTE baby boy. I love the pictures. Wish you guys were closer, I want to hold that cute baby!!! lol!

John said...

Tiff, I'm looking forward to putting the grandpa squeeze on that little guy in a couple more days.

Michele said...

these pics made me soo soo excited to see him the day after tomorrow! and im so glad you are staying so long! i stocked my fridge today with your diet cherry pepsi. now get on that plane and bring me this baby so i can squeeze him! by the way, i love love that pic of him and you where he is asleep on your shoulder. so cute.

Faye said...

Wow -that's my favorite picture too. And ditto what your Dad said. I am so excited we get to see both of you in just a few days!

Nancy said...

Aw! A water baby! So cute!