Thursday, August 13, 2009

confessions of a runner

Today Hal Higdon says to run 4.5 miles
I only went 2.8
And I walked the entire first half
It's way too hot and way too humid here to run at noon
At the halfway point I stopped at the Busy Bee Bakery downtown and bought myself a cupcake
Ridiculous, I know
But at least I ran the entire 1.4 miles home
Not cuz I felt guilty about walking the first 1.4
And not cuz I thought Madden and I were gonna get heat stroke
But because my cupcake was melting

11 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

hahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

good for you :-)

Michele said...

ha ha ha this is good stuff. you are afterall, a hunt

Alyssa said...

That totally sounds like something I would do too. So Funny!

Rachael, Duke, and the Boss said...

This post just made my day, Tiff. I am laughing out loud.

John said...

Tiff, I can see that my terrible example has caused this lack of self control. When we come to visit, take me to the place where you bought the cupcake....I want one too. But lets drive there in my air conditiond rental car.

ashalston said...

hahaha i love it! You crack me up Tiff!

ensman said...

Good job B! Sometimes you just have to cheat a little!

Bethany said...

Now that's funny! Sounds like something I would do too! HAHAHA!

sarahjohn said...

I love it. A cupcake always sounds better than a run!

Anonymous said...

haha you are to funny. Don't worry I feel your pain. Jordan started me on that P90X program a week ago and lets just say I am thankfull that I can even walk lol.