Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hobble Creek 1/2 Marathon


So proud of my sister who finished her first ever 1/2 marathon!
And so proud of my Dad who finished his second 1/2 marathon!
Hobble Creek was an awesome course...downhill and fast, beautiful scenery, and cool and shaded through the canyon
Couldn't have picked a more perfect 1/2 to run to fine-tune my training before my full in 6 more weeks.

Added bonus?
The fact that it was in Utah and Madden and I got to stay with my sister and her adorable kiddos and hang with the fam for a week
(minus Summer & her family, Tanner & Josie, and my husband who was at home in the midst of finals week...Missed all of you guys!)

Thanks Dad for convincing me to run this race with you guys
Thanks Mom and Uncle Landon for helping with the babes all week...especially the night-before and morning-of the race
Thanks Dad for the extremely memorable and extremely delicious pre-race dinner (how do you say it again?? Coocheena Tuskonna?)
Thanks Shel for keeping me up all damn night in our hotel room the night before the race, reading gossip magazines and laughing so hard my abs hurt before I even ran the race
Thanks un-named person for motivating me to run faster
Thanks Naomi for teaching filthy dirty words to my son
Thanks Dad and Kali for making me laugh harder than I have in a long time
Thanks Shel & John for letting Madden and I crash at your place for the week
Thanks Mom, Landon, John, Madden, Naomi & Boston for cheering us all on at the finish line

Miss all your faces already
xoxo












Fave picture of the trip! They look like they could be brothers :)

13 comments:

P+B said...

I love all of these pictures! I wish I was a runner... I can't even make it around the block. (I'm not kidding). Good luck on your FULL marathon.. that is so intense, kudos to you! Madden is getting so old... crazy!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yea Tiff!!!! Way to go on the race. Can't wait to hear how the full goes! miss your guts.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

ps. I was cleaning out my kitchen cabinets today and found your old bottle and hand breast pump from before our marathon last year. Want me to save it for next time you're in town, or trash it?

Faye said...

I love your posts - it was laugh out loud material. Thanks for the memories!

Tiffany said...

lol, Marianne, you can trash it! Totally forgot about that...so funny!

Rachael, Duke, and the Boss said...

Yay! Good job Tiff. Miss your face too.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

You just made me cry seeing all those Chicago posts! I miss it bad...really bad!

On another note congrats on the race. You are quite the little runner!

John said...

Freaken Dog

John said...

BTW Tiff....thanks for posting that picture of my big fat gut and that look on my face of "why the hell did I just run (sort of) 13.1 miles"? You can see by that look in my face that I am moments away from my near death experience.

ashalston said...

Well, I have a few things to say: First, so jealous that you ran yet another race, I am dying to run one. Second, SO happy you are back in town and we can FINALLY hang out once your LAST guest leaves! And third, when the hell did you get so skinny? I clearly need to fatten you up on your birthday!

D-dawg said...

AWESOME! I so wish I had been there too to see you guys! How fun - isn't is great to do it with family? And it is true that it is downhill and shaded... I don't know if I could do one that isn't! Cute pics- all of them!

MediocreMama said...

Tiffany, of course I know the Hunts! You guys are some of Tod's favorite people. He talks about your dad all the time. Great job on the 1/2 marathon, too. So glad to be blost friends with you, too!

robyne said...

Tiff - Love this post and all the pics, especially love the pic of you and Shel with your Dad! I am so proud of that old fart!!!
Oh, and I love how you blame Madden's new vocab on Shel's kids...but you can't fool me! Love You and miss you tons!!