Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Visitors Part 2: Mom!


I had been looking forward to my Mom's visit out here for a long time...so I am sad to say it is over and went by all too quickly. :( But we did squeeze a LOT in the week she was here! And I could not have imagined a more perfect week with her! We explored the city and went to all kinds of cool neighborhoods I have been wanting to go to ever since we moved here!
Our week spent together in Chicago consisted of the following:

shopping in Southport Corridor
eating delicious brunches at different famous spots in the city
shopping on Magnificent Mile for two whole days in a row
eating delicious dinners in the city
shopping in Wicker Park
eating delicious desserts at cafes and bakeries all over the city
plus more shopping
plus more eating

So....to sum up...pretty much all we did was shop and eat delicious food.
For 6 days straight.
It was awesome.

Madden was a trooper...he chilled in his stroller all day long everywhere we went and never once made a peep. Except when he was happily jibber jabbering away and saying new words like "cupcake", "fishy" and a word that I am not proud to say my 15 month old knows that starts with "sh" and ends with "it."

Oh ya, and except when it was 9 at night and we were STILL shopping and Madden was starting to become delirious (though I don't know whether from lack of sleep or from too much shopping) and would start to laugh uncontrollably and hysterically at nothing in his stroller all throughout the store.
That was always our cue that he was done for the day and we would head home.

Randy was busy with school most of the time (lucky for him, since he probably wouldn't have held up too well on our shopping adventures...he would have been delirious and using cuss words just like Madden). But we did get to spend one fun-filled day in the city with him that included an amazing dinner (thank you, Mom!), and a relaxing Sunday with him as well.

We are always spoiled rotten when my Mom comes to visit!
Madden didn't want his Grandma to leave.
I didn't want her to leave either.
Come back to Chicago, Mom!!! ;)














4 comments:

Cara said...

How fun! I am sure you and all of your vistors have had tons of fun. Makes me want to come and visit too. :) Maybe one of these days. Madden is gettin so big, I can't believe he says all those words! Especially one in particular. :) He is sure to be a smarty pants! Miss ya!

Jennifer and Brad said...

Sounds like my kind of trip.. while I'm not pregnant because I'd be burnt out after a few hours :)I love when my Mom visits no cooking and girls stuff all day long.

Faye said...

Your post made me want to jump on a plane and start eating and shopping and playing with Madden all over again. It was an AWESOME week. I'm so glad we were able to cram so much in - because you won't be living in Chicago long enough to see it all - but I intend to give it my best shot :)

robyne said...

This post makes me want to come to Chicago again. This time while you are there to go play with! Great Summer visits for you, I bet it made the summer pass so fast!!