highs:
seeing the river dyed green. this has been on my "must-see" list ever since we moved to chicago. it is so much more amazing to see up close and in person...pictures don't do it justice.
getting to spend the entire day in the city with my dear friend Janelle...who just so happens to love to eat and shop at all the same places as I do in the city :)
having an awesome husband who was willing to stay at home with a sick baby all day.
being kid-free/stroller-free/heavy diaper bag-free in the city. loved it.
free red bulls being handed out at union station.
corner bakery paninis...mmmmm
irish cream sprinkles cupcakes....double mmmmm
shopping on magnificent mile.
lows:
freezing cold
not being rich enough to buy whatever I wanted while shopping on magnificent mile.
freezing cold
stomach ache I got after eating two ginormous cupcakes
freezing cold
sore legs and feet later that night from walking over 5+ miles all over the city
freezing cold
And I'm pretty sure I'll do it all again next year for st. pattys 2012 :)






7 comments:
I had NO idea that they dye the river green! That is so awesome!
your pictures turned out great!! what a fun day - thanks for spending it with me!! i can still taste that red velvet cupcake - let's go back to sprinkles asap :)
I would love to see the river all green - so glad you got to see it.
That's so cool! Sounds like a fun day!
That is so neat! A green river, shopping and eating in the city, what could be better?!
Did you know Chicago is probably my most fav place Ive ever been! Even comes before Hawaii! This post made me miss it so bad!! How much longer will you guys live there? Im jealous and I am seriously thinking of a visit. I will talk to Nat & Amber. :)
I love these pictures!! Looks and sounds like so much fun. I want to see that too!
Post a Comment