Yesterday Madden turned 2.
I love that his birthday falls right around Mothers Day every year, because all rolled into one weekend is celebrating his special day as well as celebrating Mothers Day and reflecting back on the day I became a mother.
I always knew I would love being a mother.
But I have loved these past 2 years even more than I ever thought I would.
More than words can describe.
We kept his birthday simple this year...
no birthday party with friends
not too many gifts
(although it may look like a lot from the pictures because both sets of grandparents spoiled Madden rotten for his birthday...Thank you Grandma and Papa Hunt and Grandma and Papa Brimhall! Madden has the best grandparents ever!)
no all-out-decorated birthday cake...just a simple chocolate cake
no birthday theme
no party decorations
Just a day spent as a family doing all the things Madden likes best:
Donuts for breakfast
Opening and playing with presents from Mom and Dad and Grandmas and Grandpas
Lunch at the 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill
(I think this was the highlight of Madden's day, judging from the smiles on his face in the pictures...which were even cuter in person when they were accompanied with his hysterical laughter and squeals of delight as he frantically waved to each passing train and yelled "HI TRAIN!!")
An afternoon nap in his new "big boy" bed
Playing at the park with Mom and Dad
Being sung "Happy Birthday" to by Mom and Dad and then blowing out the #2 candle on his birthday cake
Cake and ice cream
And then cuddling on the couch in our jammies watching the new Thomas DVD's his Grandma Brimhall sent him
It was a fun day!
I hope Madden enjoyed it as much as Randy and I did. :)
Happy Birthday, little boy!
Thank you for making us smile and laugh every single day!
We hope you enjoyed your special day!
We love you more than you know...
Love, Mommy and Daddy
xoxo
2 year measurements and percentiles:
weight: 29 lb. 10 oz. 70%
height: 36.5 in. 94%
head: 50.2 cm











8 comments:
Birthdays like that are the best. I cannot believe he is TWO?!!! Happy Birthday Madden!
I think Madden is so cute, Tiffany! Your mom adores him as you know! His birthday looks like it was just perfect!
What a great way to do a birthday - I LOVE it. I can remember way to many stressful little kids birthday parties that I'm sure my kids wouldn't even remember - this is definitely the way to go. You got such cute pictures - I LOVE the ones of him at the Train Cafe - pure joy on his face. Can't wait to see this little guy again. Glad his birthday was so wonderful.
Happy birthday to your adorable little man!
Happy Birthday to Madden!! What a fun little day.
Derick was so excited after he talked to Randy! He gave him some good advice and just made him excited to do it in general. It's going to be tough financially, but I think it will be worth it. Maybe they can work together someday! :-)
He looks SOoooo big, and I love that train photo!!!
That does sound like the best birthday for a TWO YEAR OLD!! That is so crazy he is already 2. That means its my little guys turn next. EEK! That train place looks and sounds really cool. And your right the pictures probably don't do it justice of how excited Madden was. Oh and I love that trike, we were thinking of maybe getting something like that for Cy this year too!
I can't believe he is 2. Man time flies!! I just got caught up on your blog and I love reading it and all the pictures you post!! Such a cute family!!
Post a Comment