Tuesday, June 7, 2011

things I realized in Texas

It takes 14 hours to get from Chicago to Dallas. And my 2 year old is capable of sitting in the car for that long of a road trip without one tantrum or one tear shed. Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Corbin is a chunk. A really cute chunk.

My son looks hilarious in goggles.

Whenever Randy and his brothers get together, everything turns into a competition.

Its impossible for Ashlyn to make a normal face when her picture is being taken.

Madden loves the pool a billion times more when he is swimming with his floaties on.

Sometimes the best thing ever is leaving all the kids at home with the dads so that the moms can get a break and enjoy a chick flick and some Sprinkles cupcakes.

But apparently one visit to Sprinkles wasn't enough for us, so we had to go back later in the week with the kids.
(Did you know that some Sprinkles locations have miniature Sprinkles tables and chairs for kids?? I didn't. Cute, huh?)

Madden is totally ready to be a big brother.

Apparently we can spend every single day at the pool for 9 consecutive days in a row and still not get sick of it.

Madden doesn't like to share bread with turtles or ducks. He'd rather just eat it himself.

When my husband spends 14+ hours in the car on a road trip, he starts to act like a crazy person towards the end and say really funny/mean things.
(like when I was on my smart phone too much instead of talking to him while he drove and he told me that I reminded him of the teenage daughter that he never wants. good thing I was laughing too hard to have my feelings hurt)


Madden loves his cousins so much that he felt it necessary to wake up at 5:30 am every morning and barge into their room and get in their faces and tell them to "wake up!" so that he could play with them.

We love these 5 people so much that we felt it necessary to make the 28-hour round-trip drive to see them.
And it was very much worth it. :)


Thanks Ricky and Kari!!!
Love you guys!

8 comments:

D and C said...

I want to trade kids. Emma doesn't make it Boise (4 1/2 hours away) without freaking out. lol. Good for Madden. Glad you guys had fun.

Nancy said...

SWEET! I'm jealous you have cousins. My kids are on their own for now ;)

You HAVE to buy a puddle jumper. He will love it and it's actually coast guard approved so you can bring it into many public pools where they will not allow water wings.

http://www.amazon.com/Stearns-Puddle-Jumper-Basic-Jacket/dp/B00364E0C6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307542466&sr=8-2

Nancy said...

I think they carry them at Target too...

ensman said...

Madden is a freaking angel and totally advanced:) Fun trip B! You should try and see if Madden can make it all the way to AZ:)

Cara said...

You are one lucky B to have a kid that age that will drive in the car for that long without fussing! Cy fusses right as soon as we leave the drive way! I hate driving anywhere with him. lol Glad you had fun in Texas! I agree with Jodee see if he can make it to arizona too! :)

Faye said...

Love the cousins photos - looks like fun!

John said...

Randy-
Tiffany IS the teenage daughter I had.........I'm just grateful there were no smart phones when she lived with me :)

The Youngs said...

Looks like fun and I am so impressed by Madden!!!