Sunday, July 31, 2011

shark week


we were really late for church today...

which may or may not have anything to do with the fact that shark week started today.

on the way home from church, instead of telling us about what he learned about in primary, Madden just kept talking about sharks
"they open they moufs!"
"they git you!"
"they bite yo finga off!"

when we got home and we changed him out of his church clothes into his comfy clothes, he threw a hysterical fit because he insisted on wearing his "shark shirt."
So I had to dig his shark shirt out of his dirty laundry hamper.

And then find his 2 shark toys.

And then sit next to him on the couch and watch shark week.

Oh ya, and over dinner I listened to Randy spout off a few random shark facts too.

My boys like to live by the Tracy Jordan philosophy,
"live every week, like its shark week."

7 comments:

Debbie said...

So funny. I remember being late for church last year during shark week:) I have a serious fear of sharks...like I won't even go up to my ankles in the ocean because I am sure a shark is lurking in the water. But I LOVE watching shark week. This MAY have something to do with the fear!!! Anyways, he is just so cute!!!

Nancy said...

LOVE this!

Faye said...

Does this mean we will be at your house in time for the rest of shark week? I can't wait!

Michele said...

John has never been prouder to be Maddens uncle. That is seriously cute and funny and I can't believe he can talk like that. I need video of these sentences!

Jenna said...

that is a great motto to live by! He is growing up! Make it stop!! What a handsome little guy. How's Chi town? How much longer are you guys there. He should take a job in NY. :) haha.

Gina Lee said...

Kameron likes Shark week too! And man am i behind on blogs. I Havent looked at your blog is seriously forever...you are making me look bad. I didnt blog for like 2 months. But I caught up, so I am almost as cool as you! ha

CMC said...

OMG. We were in CA for shark week and my Mom was obsessed!! She doesn't have cool accessories like Madden though. :)