Friday, December 9, 2011

first snow 2011


December 9, 2011

Finally, woke up to our first snow!
Although, I don't even know if it counts as the "first snow" when you can still see the ground under a super thin layer of snow...
But whatever, we're counting it!
After breakfast, Madden and I bundled up to head outside...





Madden's "first snow day" gift this year was a brand new pair of snow mittens.



We attempted to make a snowman, but there wasn't much snow to work with.
So instead we just went on a little walk and Madden had fun discovering lots of animal tracks in the snow.


Then we headed over to Caribou Coffee to meet friends and enjoy turtle hot chocolate (aka hot chocolate with a shot of caramel...yum!) by the fire...


Happy First Snow Day to my Chicago peeps!

7 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Aw! LOVE these pics. So fun for you guys.
You use picnik, right?? Which "effect" did you use on the pics with Madden in the snow--the one with three pics of him? I LOVE it.

Mandy said...

So much fun!!!

Mrs. McCarthy said...

I forget how much fun snow is!! Hope you have a white Christmas!!

Tansey Hall said...

Madden is so cute!
I love your first snow tradition too.

Faye said...

Darling pictures!!!!

Nancy said...

We're still waiting for our first snow day but I have the present for the kids all wrapped on top of our fireplace taunting them. Jillian is VERY hopeful it will snow (everyday) I, am okay waiting. :)

Nancy said...

Where-o-where do you get all these great traditions????!!!! -smile-