Tuesday, August 7, 2012

chicago spoiled him

Some friends of ours invited Madden and I to check out a children's museum in the area.
I, of course, knew it wouldn't be anything like the museums we were used to in Chicago.
But Madden didn't know that.

I told him alllll day the day before that we were going to the museum with our friends the next day and he was so excited!
He ate his breakfast super fast, got dressed all by himself, helped me pack his lunch and waited patiently by the door for our friends to come pick us up.

In Chicago, when I said we were going to a museum, that usually meant we pulled up to this....



And walked inside to this....



Today we pulled up to this...

what is this??  A museum for ants!?


And walked inside to this....



 And Madden turned to me and said,
"No, Mom.  I want to go to the mu-se-um!"
Enunciating every syllable of the word museum, as if I had misunderstood him the first time.
I laughed and said, 
"This is the museum."

He played and had a fun time but every once in a while, he'd come up to me and say,
"K, can we go to the museum now?"


Luckily, kids are easily distracted.
Eventually, he was having so much fun that he forgot all about the "Chicago museum" and he loved it so much that he almost cried when it was time to go. :) 

"Look Mom!  Its just like at the Chicago museum!"


Story time :)


Peek-a-boo!


Thanks for a fun day, Michelle, Kellan & Crue!
Can't wait to explore another new museum with you guys next week! :)

4 comments:

Misti and Stratton said...

So what's the secret to getting good deals on all the Chicago fun I went back and blogged stocked you on all the fun you had in Chicago and made me excited.

P+B said...

haha I love any blog post with a zoolander reference. Madden is too funny... totally not impressed with that fake museum, c'mon mom!

Carly said...

The comparison is hilarious! I think you should be proud that Madden is already a museum snob. ;)

Faye said...

That Museum looks pretty good to me. I think it's cool though that Madden still has his memories of Chicago.