Tuesday, August 14, 2012

first day of preschool








Today I dropped my baby off for his first day of preschool.
I walked him to the front door, told him to be a good boy, gave him a kiss, and he walked in without looking back.

I know lots of moms cry when they drop their kids off for their first day of all-day-every-day public school.
But not preschool.
I mean, its only 2 days a week for 2 hours!
But I have to admit I got a little teary eyed as I got in the car and drove away.

Partly because I was proud of Madden for going to pre-school like such a big boy.
He's a pretty sensitive kid and I was worried there might be some hesitation and maybe some tears.
But there wasn't.

And also partly because I thought by the time I had a kid in preschool, I would have another little one to keep me company throughout the day.
The car ride home was awfully quiet.
And it made me a little sad.

But instead of sitting at home, crying and feeling sad and counting the minutes til it was time to pick Madden up, I called the Dr. and made an appt to find out why I don't yet have another little one to keep me company while Maddens at school, and then I went to the gym and ran my little heart out.

2 hours later, I was sooooooo excited to pick Madden up!
He was waiting for me with a huge smile on his face and ran to me and hugged me and told me he missed me :)
It melted my heart!

I took him out for a happy meal and we talked about his first day.  His first day report went a little something like this:
"I sang my ABC's and I glued some beans.  There was some nice kids and some naughty kids.  But I was nice.  And some kids were too shy.  Oh, and there was 2 Teagans and 2 Randalls, it was crazy!"

He loves school and loves his teacher, Ms. Kortney.
And I couldn't be happier that he had such a successful first day :)

6 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

Tiffany I think it so sweet that you got teary eyed and exactly what a wonderful mother does. What a blessing that he went so willingly and was so happy to have you come get him. I have to say that is my favorite part..picking them up and they are SO happy to see you. melts me everytime!

D-dawg said...

Tiffany I'm so sorry and I can definitely relate. I hope you get some answers from your dr. Good job staying positive and going on a run! Madden is such a cutie.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You make such cute babies there's no way you're only having one. :) Madden is so sweet. And I bawled when I dropped Sage off at preschool yesterday!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Youngs said...

He's so cute! I love his synopsis of his day. Hope your appointment went well!

Faye said...

That's the thing to do - just keep moving forward. So glad Madden loves his preschool :)