Monday, November 19, 2012

just a little early this year...







Normally, our tradition is to put up our christmas tree on Thanksgiving night.
BUT, we just couldn't wait this year!
So it went up this weekend, the weekend before Thanksgiving. :)

Watching Madden hang all the ornaments on the very bottom of the tree reminded me of how when we were little girls, we used to do the same.
And our parents would let us.
And then after we went to bed, they would re-decorate the tree, evenly arranging the ornaments all over the ENTIRE tree and not just the bottom 2 branches.
So I let Madden go to town.
And then when he wasn't looking, I fixed it.

We listened to Christmas music and might have even danced a little bit to Mariah Carey "Oh Santa!"
Because this song is kind of impossible NOT to dance to.


Now that the tree is up, all I wanna do is drink hot cocoa, hang out in my sweats all day, watch christmas movies, listen to christmas music and bake cookies.

1 comment:

Faye said...

I have very fond memories of watching your girls come out the next morning and admire how beautifully you decorated the tree (never realizing I had re-done most of it so that there was more than just the bottom two branches decorated). Wonderful times - enjoy!