Not a lot of people can say that they are still friends with someone they've known since they were tiny babes, crawling in the church hallways during sacrament meeting.
But I can.
Lynnette and I have been best friends since before we can even remember.
When we were little, my Dad used to call her Netty Poo.
When people asked her what her name was she'd say, "Netty."
And then they'd say "What's your middle name?" and she'd say, "Poo."
We used to play dress up and wear her moms high heels and make up dances and then put on performances for her older brothers and their friends.
Mostly our performances just consisted of us running around in circles and lifting up our dresses, flashing our underwear to them.
We used to watch the SAME movies OVER AND OVER AND OVER again til we could literally recite them and act them out. Some of our faves were Beaches, Big Business, Beetlejuice, Back to the Beach, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and Twins.
(can you tell we grew up in the 80's??)
To this day, I can't watch any of them without thinking of her.
We had an unnatural obsession with playing barbies and we played to a ridiculously old age.
Seriously, like I don't even wanna tell you how old we were.
But we knew we were too old to be playing with them, so we used to lock her bedroom door so her older brothers wouldn't know thats what we were doing.
I remember one time her brothers and their friends picked the lock and broke down our door barricade and ruthlessly made fun of us for playing barbies and we were so mortified.
I'm pretty sure Lynnette cried.
I'm pretty sure Lynnette cried.
we shaved our legs together for the very first time when we were in middle school
she tried to teach me how to drive a stick in a church parking lot in Idaho
we went on a trip back east to New England together when we were little girls
we jumped off bridges in Boise together when we were in high school
we went to EFY in Provo together when we we were teenagers
we lived together in Arizona for part of our college years
when she got engaged, I mailed her a wedding barbie doll
I was her maid of honor on her wedding day
she set me up on dates with her husband's friends when I'd go visit them in Utah
then she was there on my wedding day when I got married with her new baby in her arms
and now we're both married with kids of our own
love her :)




1 comment:
I thought I knew everything about you two - but there were a few surprises in there for me. So glad you've had each other all these years. That's what her Mom has been to me :)
Post a Comment